• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot save to Document Cloud after clicking “Do Not Show Again” on the prompt window last time

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2023 Jul 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, first time posting.

I have an issue with saving to Document Cloud from InDesign. I used to only save to my computer, so when it prompted to select either save to Document Cloud or save locally on the computer, I clicked "do not show again" and selected Save to My Computer.

As I'm starting to use Document Cloud now, I would like to save files directly to it from Adobe Apps. I looked everywhere in the InDesign app, trying to figure out how to bring up that message box again, or to opt into saving to Document Cloud, but I couldn't find anything.

In addition in the homepage of InDesign, where there is a list of recent files, there is supposed to be a cloud files section, but that isn't there either.

Please help! Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 09, 2023 Jul 09, 2023

Hi @Theo Aud , Unlike Photoshop and Illustrator, which have the special cloud file formats (.psdc and .aic) InDesign does not have a cloud format—the choice to save locally or to the cloud is only available in PS and AI. AcrobatPro lets you save PDFs to your cloud account’s Document Cloud directory.

You can save files into your local Creative Cloud Files folder and they will automatically sync and upload to your cloud account when you have file syncing turned on in your Creative Cloud app. Mor

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2023 Jul 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the General section of the Preferences is the button Reset All Warning Dialogs.

prefs.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2023 Jul 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael, thank you for the reply! However I just tried your method and it did not seem to solve the issue, the save options message box still would not reappear. But I do appreciate the help nevertheless!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks mate. It looks like @rob day has pointed you in the right direction. Best of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Theo Aud , Unlike Photoshop and Illustrator, which have the special cloud file formats (.psdc and .aic) InDesign does not have a cloud format—the choice to save locally or to the cloud is only available in PS and AI. AcrobatPro lets you save PDFs to your cloud account’s Document Cloud directory.

You can save files into your local Creative Cloud Files folder and they will automatically sync and upload to your cloud account when you have file syncing turned on in your Creative Cloud app. More here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/do-indesign-links-work-with-adobe-cloud-multiple...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob, thank you very much for the reply. So, if I save to the Creative Cloud Files folder, is it best practice to copy the file locally every time I want to work on it, then reupload it after the edit, or is it okay to just open from the Creative Cloud Files folder and edit it from there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, just leave the files you want copied/synced/backed up to the cloud server in the local Creative Cloud Files folder. Any corrections you make to any files in the CCF folder will be automatically sync’d to the cloud—there’s no need to upload or download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rob,

Just a heads up. While there is not a released version of InDesign which has a cloud format, that should change very soon—probably in October with the next release of InDesign. Those who want to test it can use the Adobe InDesign Beta, available from the Creative Cloud desktop file. I've been testing it for some time. You'll be able to see the INDDC files in Files > Your Files in the CC desktop file (as you do for Photoshop and Illustrator Cloud files).

Screenshot 2023-07-09 at 7.05.11 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, Is there going to be a mobile version of InDesign released at the same time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can imagine, since InDesign doesn't announce prerelease changes, I couldn't tell you if it were. However, my personal feeling is that this is not seen as a high priority by the InDesign team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without a mobile version what’s the value of the .indcc format? Would you really want the only copy of an InDesign document to be on a cloud server? What happens when you loose your internet connection?

Seems like the only value of .psdc files is moving between the Photoshop mobile and desktop versions—the special format is needed because the mobile device doesn’t have a syncable storage system. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cloud files are not for everyone or for all organizations. Aside from the sharing files between a mobile device and a laptop/computer (possible in PS or AI), there are other advantages which may appeal to people and organizations where files must be frequently shared with collaborators:

* Team members can review and edit a cloud document from different locations

* Cloud documents are autosaved as soon as you make a change

* You can work on cloud documents online or offline. Changes you make when offline are automatically updated when you get an Internet connection

* A version history for the document is created automatically; you can view it in the application or a web browser

* Collaborators with permission can restore a previous version of a file

* Designers on the team can open the document to make edits, which are visible to all collaborators

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS, if you have access to Creative Pro Magazine, see my article "Cloud Documents: Adobe's Vision for the Future of Rapid Collaboration" in the April 2022 issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like I can already do all of that with regular .indd files via the CCF folder and sending invites to the collaborators?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No one has to use cloud documents. Adobe thinks there is a significant audience for it or they wouldn't invest the time to develop it in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. But you've found a workflow which works for you, which is great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines