• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change from RGB to CMYK alternating row fill color in a table

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I change from RGB to CMYK colors for alternating row fill colors in a table?  Using Window/Color does not work.  

PaulaWCS_0-1666366974911.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure i understand your problem? Have you defined RGB swatches and they are unavailable on this list?

You can define swatches as CMYK, RGB, LAB, PANTONE - and it doesn't mater if you mix them in the table as an alternate fills.

If you want to change swatch from RGB  to CMYK - just edit it - or you can leave it as it is and select appropriate export / print profile when creating PDF. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screenshot is misleading.  My mistake.  It already shows CMYK.  I have a student whose fill colors are in RGB and needs to change to CMYK.  That's what I want to know how to do.   I've tried defining swatches, but it's not affecting the table fills.  I'm using version 2020.  Public school issued program, I'm not sure if that information makes a difference.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @PaulaWCS , To illustrate @Frans v.d. Geest ’s post, select the colors in the Swatches panel used in the table and double-click or choose Swatch Options from the panel flyout menu—that will allow you to change the Color Mode of the selected Swatches. The icon in the last column of the Swtaches panel indicates the Color Mode

Screen Shot 8.pngScreen Shot 9.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like the colours were defined not as swatched but by dialing in the colour directly. If so, not a problem. In the Swatches panel flyout menu select Add Unnamed Colors. All colours used but not defined as swatches will now be swatches. You can edit the swatches to convert them to CMYK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Scott, I think Swatches are the only option for defining table colors—all I see is a list of swatches in the drop downs.

Screen Shot 10.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screenshot is misleading.  My mistake.  It already shows CMYK.  I have a student whose fill colors are in RGB and needs to change to CMYK.  That's what I want to know how to do.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a table with alternating fill colors which are RGB:

Screen Shot 2022-10-21 at 9.30.21 AM.png

Select the entire table and choose Table > Table Options > Alternating Fills. Change the definition of the alternating colors to be CMYK colors:

Screen Shot 2022-10-21 at 9.31.40 AM.png

Result: CMYK Colors

Screen Shot 2022-10-21 at 9.31.59 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or am I misunderstanding the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Find the RGB color in the Swatches panel, double click, and change to CMYK; Everywhere that color changes to CMYK and so also in the Table fills.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines