Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy and Pasting Nepali/Foreign Languages from Word to Indesign

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to copy and paste translated Nepali text into Indesign. I downloaded Adobe Devanagari and it is working to the extent that there are no longer boxes with Xs in them, but it is not copying and pasting correctly (e.g.): 

Original Text: बर्लिंगटन लीड कार्यक्रम 

Adobe Text: 

Capture.PNG

I cannot read/speak/write Nepali, but these do not look the same to me. I have updated the Paragraph Style so that it is in the same font as the font itself. I have tried Nimala UI which also seems to be a Nepali-friendly font (but still has the same issue). I have not done anything with Unicode because I don't really have a good understanding. Any advice/quick workarounds appreciated. Thanks!

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Thanks for reaching out. Please try importing text from word file instead of copy-pasting. Steps are shared here.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

After trying this - there was no change in the result. I tried many different import settings and the characters always came out the same - not how they are in the word doc. 

Thanks,

-SD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think for this language you need to have the World-Ready Paragraph Composer applied, not the Adobe Paragraph Composer. Has that been set?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines