• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[cs6] Colors coverted to CMYK when exporting to pdf with No Color Conversion

Explorer ,
May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The result is the same whether it's interative or print. The colors get converted to CMYK. I used "High Quality Print" as preset, and when I used the same option from Photshop, the colors are don't change. They are still in RGB. How can I make inDesign export to RGB colors?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 01, 2024 Jun 01, 2024

If you are talking about it showing as CMYK in the Output Preview, the values are presented according to what they would be depending to your Simulation Profile (which is usually the Output Intent based on your Colour Setting). In my first example, the photo on the left is RGB, and the right one is CMYK, but a spot picked in the left will show the CMYK values that would output to my Output Intent, a GRACOL profile. Your image is STILL RGB, and you can confirm this by either using the Object Insp

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I no longer use InDesign CS6 [positively ancient] but the Export PDF dialog box has not changed since then.

Open up the Export Adobe PDF dialog box > Output and it should look like this:

Screenshot 2024-05-31 at 9.33.49 AM.png

RGB should stay in RGB, CMYK in CMYK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but that's exactly the same option I have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you seeing that the colours are converted to CMYK?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you seeing that the colours are converted to CMYK?

By Brad @ Roaring Mouse

In the pdf file.

I tried other presets with No Color Conversion. The result was the same With Press Quality. However, it worked with PDF/X-1a. It didn't covert colors to CMYK in the pdf file. Do you know why this happens? Also will PDF/X-1a lower the quality of the image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you checking this?
If you go to separations you are viewing the PDF using the 'Simulation Profile' which might be set to CMYK.

But if you use the other tools - you can disect if it's CMYK or RGB. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-can-you-tell-if-a-pdf-is-rgb-or-cmyk/td-p/362....

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/color-settings.html#:~:text=Open%20Acrobat%20and%20select%2....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2024 Jun 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are talking about it showing as CMYK in the Output Preview, the values are presented according to what they would be depending to your Simulation Profile (which is usually the Output Intent based on your Colour Setting). In my first example, the photo on the left is RGB, and the right one is CMYK, but a spot picked in the left will show the CMYK values that would output to my Output Intent, a GRACOL profile. Your image is STILL RGB, and you can confirm this by either using the Object Inspector, as in my second example, or by selecting to show only RGB objects, as in my 3rd example, which hides any objects not RGB-based, so in this case will show only the left image.

Screen Shot 2024-06-01 at 10.53.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-06-01 at 10.52.23 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-06-01 at 10.52.39 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines