• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Data merge issues when upgrading to InDesign 19.4

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I updated indesign to version 19.4. When I use the databases for the data merge function with linked images within the database, a message tells me that the images are not reachable. The files I’m working on, including databases and images, are in the Dropbox folder. I downgraded to version 19.3 and everything worked again. Can anyone help me?

{Reanmed By MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

We are currently looking into the issue.
Workaround - Deleting or Renaming "
ENABLE_POSIX_PATH" available at "<Install Dir>\Resources\Cookies\ENABLE_POSIX_PATH"
Please comment if this resolves the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Hi All,

We apologize for the inconvenience you're experiencing with Data Merge in InDesign. This is a known issue, and our team is actively working on a solution. Please refer to this article for workaround: Data merge not working for absolute paths on macOS 

In the meantime, please try the workaround suggested by Sanyan Talwar in this post:

Workaround - Deleting or Renaming "ENABLE_POSIX_PATH" available at "<Install Dir>\Resources\Cookies\ENABLE_POSIX_PATH"

Please give this workaround a try

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi info@komunikando.org , Make sure your Dropbox Syncing preference is not set to Allow Dropbox to free up hard drive space (online only)

Screen Shot 39.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears to be a bug in 19.4 - another user has just reported exactly the same issue (and solution):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/data-merge-working-path-not-working-anymore-on-m...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

I am getting this checked by the team and will update the discussion as soon as I hear from the team. Can you also share the file with us for testing? You can add the file to a shared location like Google Drive or DropBox and share the link through DM by clicking on my name.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also happening on the Mac, and that looks to be a PC path. Is there a Mac workaround? Also, I put a ticket in with Adobe regarding the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey man, after banging my head against the wall for an hour, I finally found this thread. This workaround also works on macs. Go into your apps folder. Open Adobe Indesign 2024 > Resources > Cookies. Then delete or rename. That solved the issue for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved, thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are currently looking into the issue.
Workaround - Deleting or Renaming "
ENABLE_POSIX_PATH" available at "<Install Dir>\Resources\Cookies\ENABLE_POSIX_PATH"
Please comment if this resolves the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that solved my issue (on mac)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this worked for me and another team member

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me as well. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2024 Apr 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I use a lot of data merge to load differnet PDF Files into Indesign, but they stopped working. There were all still working last week and now ... 👺

I used the following syntax:

Macintosh HD:Users:max:Documents:24 Indesign:20 Labels:Final_Test:Master- A5 - V15_K0.pdf

Today, it tells me that it can not find the file anymore. If I copy the path in indesign, I get the following result:

/Users/max/Documents/24 Indesign/20 Labels/Final_Test/Master- A5 - V15_K0.pdf

This path also does not work, when I put it into my csv file.

Users:max:Documents:24 Indesign:20 Labels:Final_Test:Master- A5 - V15_K0.pdf

also dont work

I noticed that it would work like this, if the file is in a subfolder of the indesign file

./Final_Test/Master- A5 - V15_K0.pdf

but i dont have this file an a different folder. 

./../20 Labels/Final_Test/Master- A5 - V15_K0.pdf

does not work. 

Any ideas? I feel like there was a recent update on adobes or apples side that it stopped working now 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your versions of InDesign and macOS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac 11.7.10

Indesign 19.4. (update today, I guess issue was present after update)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indesign 19.4. (update today, I guess issue was present after update)

By @Henri36655125at8n

and if you revert to the previous InDesign version you were using (I guess 19.2 or 19.3), will it fix the issue? you can do it from Creative Cloud app:

leor_0-1713715315079.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downgrade to 19.3 solved the issue. As I dont know how to write a bug report, I guess somebody will do. It would be nice to get an update on this thread, if it was fixed (or how the new system works).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downgrade to 19.3 solved the issue. As I dont know how to write a bug report, I guess somebody will do. 

By @Henri36655125at8n

You can submit bugs here:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs

If this indeed is a new bug in 19.4 then quite a few users will be affected soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Henri36655125at8n @leo.r 

I am getting this checked by the team and will update the discussion as soon as I hear from the team. Can you also share the file with us for testing? You can add the file to a shared location like Google Drive or DropBox and share the link through DM by clicking on my name.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use CSV table imports for a bunch of text and logos, and the logos will not import under 19.4. Worked as expected under 19.3 (which I downgraded back to, so that it wouldn't interrupt my production). 

I think it is related to how ID reads the path to the image in the CSV file. 

Has anyone else had this issue or is there any resolution?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you're experiencing this known bug in 19.4 (a temporary solution is also included in the thread):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/data-merge-issues-when-upgrading-to-indesign-19-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We apologize for the inconvenience you're experiencing with Data Merge in InDesign. This is a known issue, and our team is actively working on a solution. Please refer to this article for workaround: Data merge not working for absolute paths on macOS 

In the meantime, please try the workaround suggested by Sanyan Talwar in this post:

Workaround - Deleting or Renaming "ENABLE_POSIX_PATH" available at "<Install Dir>\Resources\Cookies\ENABLE_POSIX_PATH"

Please give this workaround a try and let us know if it resolves the issue for you. We will provide updates on the post as soon as the issue is fixed.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. This workaround doesn't work for me (Deleting or Renaming "ENABLE_POSIX_PATH" available at "<Install Dir>\Resources\Cookies\ENABLE_POSIX_PATH").

• InDesign version 19.4
  • MacOS Ventura 13.6.4
  • 2017 MacBook Pro Intel i7

Same problem as others. Image paths that used to import via CSV no longer work. Looks like i'll need to downgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

should have said: i DID find (and delete!) the same file but in MacOS

"/Applications/Adobe InDesign 2024/Resources/Cookies/ENABLE_POSIX_PATH"

As stated, this did not help. i am downgrading now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@knic pfost  We noticed that the suggested workaround didn't work if we didn't quit InDesign before following the required steps. Please confirm whether you tried the steps after quitting the InDesign app. If the issue persists, please share a sample CSV file and a screen recording depicting the issue to diagnose this issue further.

^VS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quit InDesign(!);

Remove the file mentioned ENABLE_POSIX_PATH;

Restart InDesign.

Works here on Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines