• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Data merge issues when upgrading to InDesign 19.4

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I updated indesign to version 19.4. When I use the databases for the data merge function with linked images within the database, a message tells me that the images are not reachable. The files I’m working on, including databases and images, are in the Dropbox folder. I downgraded to version 19.3 and everything worked again. Can anyone help me?

{Reanmed By MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 12, 2024 Jul 12, 2024

Hi All,
This issue has been fixed in the latest version of InDesign 19.5
Kindly update the data source file with the POSIX style path in Macintosh to work with data merge functionality smoothly.
Please refer to the helpx https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/data-merge.html to know more about the difference between HFS and Posix style paths.
Note : Relative path as such /<foldername>/<filename> is no longer supported after the fix, as it considers the starting “/” as an absolute path. Instead the r

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2024 Jul 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed? i'm at a total loss here. did the update to 19.5 and my linked images have disappeared AGAIN! and my path looks like this: servername:folder:graphic.extension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BACnOAK Seems like the path you are currently using is in HFS style. As mentioned above, please update the data source file with the POSIX style path in Macintosh to work with data merge functionality smoothly.
Please refer to the helpx https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/data-merge.html to know more about the difference between HFS and Posix style paths.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, taking this as... stop using the colon on the mac and start using the slash

NO: servername:folder:graphic.extension

YES: servername/folder/graphic.extension

Meaning we have to find/replace all instances of : and change to /

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, taking this as... stop using the colon on the mac and start using the slash

NO: servername:folder:graphic.extension

YES: servername/folder/graphic.extension

Meaning we have to find/replace all instances of : and change to /

By @BACnOAK

It's more than that.

The POSIX path (slash-separated) will be:

/Volumes/servername/folder/graphic.extension

On a startup volume, you can omit the server name part (but you don't have to):

/Users/username/...

You can get the actual POSIX path of a file by doing this: right-click it in the Finder while holding Option (or right-click, then press Option) > Copy as pathname menu. This can help you explore the correct POSIX paths to make sure you're using them correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines