• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Data Merge question from a noob

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2023 Nov 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to use Data Merge so that it fills up products left to right, with each box having its own contents according to the data source sheet I'm using.

Screenshot 2023-11-12 000948.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 12, 2023 Nov 12, 2023

Yes... sort of. Data Merge can do catalog-style setups, but there are dedicated plugins that would be better suited for the purpose. I've written about data merge "multiple record madness" elsewhere https://colecandoo.com/2013/12/28/data-merge-multiple-record-madness/ but you can - sort of - do what you want to do in your screenshot. Difference is that you would set up one record set only (don't populate the whole page) and then upon creating the merged file, use the multiple record option and t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2023 Nov 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the best videos I have ever seen on Data Merge

https://www.theindesigner.com/blog/episode-43-data-merge-video

And there's a part 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2023 Nov 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes... sort of. Data Merge can do catalog-style setups, but there are dedicated plugins that would be better suited for the purpose. I've written about data merge "multiple record madness" elsewhere https://colecandoo.com/2013/12/28/data-merge-multiple-record-madness/ but you can - sort of - do what you want to do in your screenshot. Difference is that you would set up one record set only (don't populate the whole page) and then upon creating the merged file, use the multiple record option and the rows and the columns for the merge are set there.

Difficulty comes from the scope of the project - that is, how many records are there, how often will the data change, and will the data always conform to the box i've made; or does this go outside the scope of what I've done. This is why my advice leans into using a plug-in if the scope of the project is large.

If the answer wasn't in my post, perhaps it might be on my blog at colecandoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2023 Nov 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Difference is that you would set up one record set only (don't populate the whole page) and then upon creating the merged file, use the multiple record option and the rows and the columns for the merge are set there.

By @Colin Flashman

Yeah, that was the problem. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines