Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error code 4 all docs created with CC 2018

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys

Please help me understand why I cannot open any InDesign documents I create with the new InDesign 2018. All the files I make or save with the new software give me the same error on opening: "Cannot open "INVITE_WIP.indd". The file "INVITE_WIP.indd" is damaged (Error code: 4).

Please help me! I am paying this does not mean I have lost all the work I have created with InDesign CC 2018.

- Sarah

Screen Shot 2017-11-23 at 15.24.34.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read through the 74 messages on this topic. I have same issue and need a fix. But, to help with some of the comments (and hopefully, Adobe), I can say that Cloud storage/working on a cloud/Google Drive/working over a network isn't the issue as I work with all files/apps stored on my MacBook Pro and still have this issue regularly.

In regards to a professional replacement for peace of mind with deadlines and clients, hang in there: Affinity just released a beta of Affinity Publisher and the commercial final should be out this year (hopefully).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of these suggestions have worked for me. I have cleared the cache in Library, reset preferences, rebooted — nothing. Needless to say, given I JUST finished my project and now I can’t open it, I’m pretty peeved. If anyone has any other suggestions, I’d love to hear them! Otherwise, I guess I’m starting over. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you tried sending your file on the email address mentioned above?

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally ended up uninstalling INDD and reinstalling it. Once I did that, I clicked on the file that was giving me problems and it opened right up, no problems. I did a save as just in case, but at least I didn't have to start from scratch!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines