Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font Futura PT

Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning sirs,

I hope I'm not offtopic, I have a problem with the "new" Futura PT fonts that we will have to use next year. is it possible that there are these huge differences in size with the font used now Futura T1?

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Hi Roberto,

Yes, you are offtopic… But I will try to give you an answer: there are a lot of Futura versions (since the original in 1927), created by different foundries. The Futura PT you refer to has been designed by Paratype (that's why it is called PT at the end) and the T1 version you use for now is certainly designed by another foundry (maybe Bitstream).

On your screen shot, we can see that the PT version has a smaller x-height than the T1 version, so the size seems smaller (the type size

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roberto,

Yes, you are offtopic… But I will try to give you an answer: there are a lot of Futura versions (since the original in 1927), created by different foundries. The Futura PT you refer to has been designed by Paratype (that's why it is called PT at the end) and the T1 version you use for now is certainly designed by another foundry (maybe Bitstream).

On your screen shot, we can see that the PT version has a smaller x-height than the T1 version, so the size seems smaller (the type size is mesaured from the top of the ascnder to the bottom of the descender).

If you want more explanations, you can post on the Adobe type forum.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/type-typography/bd-p/type-and-typography

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much, bye 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines