• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts just stopped working in indesign

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden some fonts that use to work have just stopped working. They are activated in fontexplorer X Pro and are also in a document fonts folder saved with the file. The same fonts work in illustrator and photoshop they just do not work in indesign.

I have tried closing fontexplorer, opening in font book, adding them to the indesign fonts folder. Coping to another place on the desktop. Giving the application full access in the privacy systems tab. I have updated the operating systems to the latest. Monterey 12.3 and they still wont work.

I am running out of options. Can anyone help please as one is a clients font used on everything and the font is working on other computers. 

Ta

TOPICS
Performance , Print , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Hi All,

We appreciate your patience. The issue is fixed with the latest InDesign version (17.2.1). Please update InDesign to the latest version and see if that helps. 

If you still experience the issue on the 17.2.1 version, then please try resetting the preferences. It will fix the issue.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to add I am on the latest creative cloud version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"They are activated in fontexplorer X Pro and are also in a document fonts folder saved with the file. "

Hi Ta,

I would try to deactivate the fonts in all font management apps you have installed. Also from the system if you installed them there and if they are not system fonts that came with your operating system.

Restart the machine and test the fonts just in the Document fonts folder with an InDesign document that is saved in the exact same parent folder of that Document fonts folder.

Do not activate any substitutions from Adobe Fonts when you open the InDesign document.

Then please show a screenshot of the opened InDesign document with the Type > Find Fonts… panel open with a missing font style selected and the More Information… showing the details. It would also help if you actvate InDesign's Preflight and have the Preflight panel open before you go to Type > Find Fonts…

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ta but that didn't work... here are the screen grabs. I have had other people test the docs and for them the fonts work fine. I have turned all off deleted all instances of the font on the system and tried to open the collected version and it still won;t find just those fonts. All others in the doc work fine. I can't understand why it will work in illustrator, photoshop etc and not indesign. I tried adobe help and they couldn't help me at all.

Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 12.34.28 pm.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 12.34.46 pm.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 12.34.38 pm.png

   

Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 12.32.43 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to do a Cache purge., since you are moving back and forth between font management startegies. You may be confusing your Mac.

First of all, have you updated to FEX7.3? and updated the Plugins?

In FEX, run both Tools > Clean Application Font Caches, and then Clean System Font Caches and restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ta brad, Yes I am on the FEX7.3 and have updated plugins. I have clean all caches a few times and nothing is working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi n_fountain,

thank you for the screenshots.

Let me know what font files does the Document fonts folder contain that your InDesign document has access to.

Please show a screenshot in list view where also the file size is visible.

While you did the screenshots, did you have access to the font styles with Illustrator and PhotoShop?

If yes, you still have the fonts installed somewhere in the system or activated by Adobe Fonts. And if your Document fonts folder also contains fonts with exactly the same name InDesign could have trouble to use the right ones ( my personal guess ) .

Hm…

Your screenshots are also showing missing Roboto font styles. They do show with "(OTF)" in their names. That may be an indication that they once were activated through Adobe Fonts and were not supplied with font files that were downloaded from Google Fonts and saved to a Document fonts folder. If Roboto fonts show up in your Document fonts folder, let me know.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-03-29 at 8.36.46 am.png

Here is the folder as requested. I have no problems with roboto it was just showing missing as the file is not seeing the document fonts folder and I had adobe fonts turned off. I have once again turned all off and tried a few more things and all I get is indesign not responding if I have all the other font management turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi n_fountain,

after looking into your screenshot of the Document fonts folder I'm a bit confused now.

Does InDesign pick up the DINOT font styles from the Document fonts folder, or does it not do that?

And also I cannot see that the document needed fonts that are listed at the Find Fonts panel list the GuardianEgyp
and ss-geomicons-squared font styles of the Document fonts folder.

So I wonder if this is the right Document fonts folder for that particular packaged InDesign document.

Perhaps this would explain a lot…

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe,

Indesign does not pick up DINOT from the documents fonts folder or when activated in font management software. It just won't work. I have the same problem with some other random fonts. The other fonts in the document work and just one won't.

Yes it is the correct folder. It's the one from the packaged document. I have had other people recollect from their system using their fonts and it still won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In FontEplorer Pro, try to clean the font caches. In my french version, it is in the Tools menu.

Capture d’écran 2022-03-31 à 09.38.30.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bug in InDesign 17.2.

Revert to 17.01 and your fonts will work again.

See this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/font-not-available-in-indesign-but-is-available-...

Let us know if that works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ta Edward that solved it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

please comment and vote for fixing the bug at InDesign UserVoice:

installed font missing InDesign 17.2 macOS 12.3 (Monterey) and macOS Catalina
Tom Moulaert, Mar 29, 2022
https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/44970238-installed-font...

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @n_fountain @EdwardCPI,

We are sorry for the trouble. We are able to replicate the issue at our end with multiple fonts on v17.2 & in some instances, on v17.1 as well. We have logged a bug a with the product team last week, and they are currently investigating the issue.

I would request you to upvote this UserVoice (https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/44970238-installed-font...) if not done already. By doing this, you will keep on getting updates related to this issue.

Also, if possible, please share the download link to the fonts which are not showing up in Indesign here or via DM with me.

In the meantime, you may install the older version of Indesign v17.0.1 or earlier until this issue gets fixed.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

We appreciate your patience. The issue is fixed with the latest InDesign version (17.2.1). Please update InDesign to the latest version and see if that helps. 

If you still experience the issue on the 17.2.1 version, then please try resetting the preferences. It will fix the issue.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines