• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Further Question - Page Tool Resize Causes Collision

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got an answer to my original question here (https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/page-tool-resize-causes-collision/m-p/13729595#M...). The discussion is locked; I don't know why.

I do need further assistance. Mr. Werner's solution worked as far as resizing one spread is concerned. However, I am working with a document with almost 300 spreads. Would I think have to hand-select every right-side page to reset the X value? I tried changing the size on my master (worked) and then the X value on my master (which did not affect the rest of the document).

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this helps, but a lot of times after you make changes to a Master, oops Parent page, you have to re-apply the Parent to the actual pages.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you! That wasn't exactly it, but it gave me a clue!

For others in the future, here's what worked:

1) Create NEW Parent Page in the desired size, 2 pages, so it appears as a spread. (What happened before was I resized a parent spread instead of making a new one, which caused overlap.)

2) Select pages to resize. Using Page Tool, change Liquid Page Rule to Scale (or desired option).

3) Apply new Parent to selected pages, checking Use parent page size if asked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @ccsitadmin , Just ot clarify, is there a reason you setup the book document with Facing Pages unchecked? With Facing Pages turned on the document spreads can’t be separated. Here I’m simply turning Facing Pages on from Document Setup, which realigns the spread pages :

Screen Shot 33.pngScreen Shot 34.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines