• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

High processor usage after installing Indesign 2024

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2024 Apr 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I don't know much about Indesign. But I was using Indesign 2019 on my computer before and I have never encountered such a problem before. What should I do? I would be happy if you could help me. The processor usage has been high for 1.5 hours.

MustafaGez_0-1714410474128.png

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Apr 29, 2024 Apr 29, 2024

Contrary to what you say, many people are experiencing this problem, including me, and the number of people noticing this problem is increasing day by day.

This problem occurs in InDesign 2021 and above versions, you can read everyone's common opinion as follows.

This problem is not a cephtmlengine or classic font problem.

It is a problem within Indesign.exe.

After waiting around 2 hours, the processor usage decreases.

But the processor consumption is higher compared to old Indesign versions. There

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Hello, I was curious about this discussion and made various experiments on my old computer.

I found a solution to high CPU usage at startup!

(Only for windows.)

First, format your computer and never install anything.

First install creative cloud and then indesign 2024.

The solution is that simple, I think it is a bug caused by a new code block in InDesign 2021. I think it is a bug between Creative Cloud and InDesign, but of course it is not possible to say anything without seeing the codes. Develo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The vast majority of us don't experience that problem.

Here is an Adobe Help document with some suggestions:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/high_cpu_usage_cephtmlengine.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thank you for your answer. Contrary to what you said in the link below, I saw that many people experienced it and received an answer that there was no solution. I will continue with the old version. Thank you.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/high-cpu-usage-while-idle-indesign-2021-2022-202... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contrary to what you say, many people are experiencing this problem, including me, and the number of people noticing this problem is increasing day by day.

This problem occurs in InDesign 2021 and above versions, you can read everyone's common opinion as follows.

This problem is not a cephtmlengine or classic font problem.

It is a problem within Indesign.exe.

After waiting around 2 hours, the processor usage decreases.

But the processor consumption is higher compared to old Indesign versions. There is a performance problem in new versions. And there is no solution yet.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/high-cpu-usage-while-idle-indesign-2021-2022-202... 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/has-indesign-become-unusable/m-p/14514693 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/indesign-2022-17-3-high-cpu-when-idle/td-p/13094... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And many of us (like me) have NEVER had the problem as long as I've been working with InDesign and other Adobe applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be overlooking this problem due to the large number of processor cores you have. Technically, while the usage rate is around 30% and 40% in the i5 processor, this rate may be 10% or lower in the i7 processor, which is misleading. Of course, I don't know what your processor is. But as you can see in the comments on this link, an accurate technical explanation has been made about the processor ratio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Indesign 2020, I am quite satisfied, Mustafa, but unfortunately, when I try to install 2021, the processor usage skyrockets. Anyway, have a nice day.

Ivan37066592t9ow_0-1714415862962.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I have already said that I will continue to use it in 2019.

Old versions work successfully for me. Have a nice day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More outright sock-puppet trolling from an individual identifiable from his language patterns.

┋┊ InDesign to Kindle (& EPUB): A Professional Guide, v3.1 ┊ (Amazon) ┊┋

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sir, I don't know what you are talking about, but I don't speak English, so I use Google Translate. Did I say something wrong?

The problem I'm having with my computer is not a lie, it's real.

I can record a video about this and send it to you.

I really didn't understand what you said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I was curious about this discussion and made various experiments on my old computer.

I found a solution to high CPU usage at startup!

(Only for windows.)

First, format your computer and never install anything.

First install creative cloud and then indesign 2024.

The solution is that simple, I think it is a bug caused by a new code block in InDesign 2021. I think it is a bug between Creative Cloud and InDesign, but of course it is not possible to say anything without seeing the codes. Developers need to do this.

I hope I was useful. Please try and comment. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Formatting the computer is not a possible solution for many of us (you can't format all the company's computers because Adobe refuses to fix their program), plus if you read back in the thread, you'll see several people reported having the same issue on a clean install, so you probably just got lucky, as there are no guarantees it would work for everyone.

But thank you for trying and reporting, at least this is a solution for those able/willing to destroy their whole computer and waste a whole day of their life to fix Adobe's mistakes  🥹🥹🥹

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right, this is a software error. No one should deny this! I don't know how effective this solution I shared will be, so I will be eagerly waiting for people's feedback. I hope it works and also Adobe accepts this error and fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope it keeps working properly for you, I'm really worried by the time an update is introduced or when you install some more apps later on, it may decide to go haywire again and then it's time to format again.

I will try to check if the same issue happens on my desktop back home, I have more tools installed there which may allow me to check what files or instructions are causing this. Fingers crossed. And good luck to you too! 🙏🏽

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck to everyone. 🙂 I hope everything will be fine. I also hope that a permanent solution to this problem is found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a software developer, I would like to tell you a few interesting memories I had.

I have been using the IDE program called Clion, produced by Jetbrains to develop C++, for years.

I noticed something interesting. Like many users. Move the mouse and you will see high processor usage. 🙂

I reported this but for almost 10 years the same problem was never fixed. 🙂 The only thing I don't understand is this, unfortunately many companies are like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been dealing with this issue for years. Now many people are aware of this problem, which makes me happy. I hope Adobe accepts its mistake and releases a patch for this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, did you notice? Indesign community home page looks empty 🙂

What's going on ?

Rozy37030696f0p2_1-1714488873912.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it looks empty, I think an update was being made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope so. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, did you notice? Indesign community home page looks empty 🙂

What's going on ?

By @Rozy37030696f0p2

Same problem here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/what-s-going-on-with-the-indesign-s-forum/m-p/14...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution worked, thank you very much man !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Who are we? You and your other sock puppet accounts? 

This post has run its course and is now answered and locked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines