• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I delete custom page sizes?

Participant ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using InDesign CC 2015 / Mac OS 10.11.

Some time ago I created some custom page sizes, which appear, for example, in New Document Setup control panel and as options in the Page Tool dialog dropdown list. InDesign tries for some reason to revert to one of these custom page sizes, even though it's incorrect--and option I don't use anymore. In any case, I'd like to edit the custom page size options, but I see no way to do so (unlike, say, the Document Preset list). Is there a way to do this? It seems odd the InDesign allows you to create custom page sizes but then preserves them forever.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Resetting preferences will clear the list.

Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences

And heading back to the legacy New Document dialog box lets you edit—but you know that.

My two cents is that the new New Dialog box needs some improvement, including adding a Preview checkbox.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting preferences will clear the list.

Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences

And heading back to the legacy New Document dialog box lets you edit—but you know that.

My two cents is that the new New Dialog box needs some improvement, including adding a Preview checkbox.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Barb. I didn't go all the way to resetting all preferences--your directions sent me to the Pages Preset .xml, which is easily editable with BBEdit. I deleted the unwanted page presets, reopened InDesign, and they were gone. It's strange, though, that there isn't any way to do this directly within InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like your resourcefulness! And yes, adding in-app edits should be a no-brainer. I went ahead and added this request (along with two others that impact the new New Document dialog box) on indesign.uservoice.com. If you feel like voting for it, follow this link:

Barb Binder – Adobe InDesign Feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for adding that request. I've added my vote as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barb,

Has this become a new setting (being able to edit custom pages) or should I use the preference solution above?

Thanks,

Stephanie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephanie,

see my post about saved custom page sizes here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/export-or-share-custom-page-presets-in-indesign/m-p/11987156...

That should answer your question.

The ability to save custom page sizes which is creating a Page Sizes folder in the preferences that contains an xml file is not new. I can already see this with InDesign CS6 version 8.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If this is for Adobe InDesign 17.0x64 do the following steps.

Start by opening a new document. File>New>Document

In the New Document dialog box go to Document Preset: Select [Custom]

Next go to the Page Size dialog box and select Custom. It is at the bottom of the pull-down menu.

The Custom Page Size box appears. There is a box at the bottom of this dialog box with a listing of all the customized pages you've created in the past. Scroll the list and select the page size you want to remove by clicking once. The Change and Delete buttons now become active. Now you can either delete or change the variables for that page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines