• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change the fontsize of multiple textframes at once.

Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I could select multiple textframes in InDesignand make the same changes for the font in all of them at once by opening the font window, but that is blanc. (see screenshot)
What am I doing wrong?

Bildschirmfoto 2022-12-07 um 09.34.59.png

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be possible. Try to reset preferences: quit InDesign and relaunch it while holding down the Shift, Ctrl and Alt keys [Windows], Shift, Ctrl, Alt and Cmd keys [Mac] until you see a warning message asking for confirmation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GREAT! it worked. Thanks a lot for your help!

Bildschirmfoto 2022-12-07 um 10.02.37.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Font size is NOT a text frame property. You should work with paragraph styles and change the font size there in charcter properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Willi Adelberger even if the good practice is to work with styles, you actually can change fonts by selecting text frames.

Capture d’écran 2022-12-07 à 10.05.01.jpgCapture d’écran 2022-12-07 à 10.05.27.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Willi,
sorry for using the wrong terms! Yes, I did the detour by using paragraph styles, but this led to a long series of formats. After the reset everything is fine now. Thanks for your support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines