Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Design Text in Telugu using Mallanna Font

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2024 Sep 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to design a text in Telegu but the characters keeps changing and spaces being added randomly. 

We are usign the Mallanna font, and it seems to be one of the best to work with but it still had issues.

What is the best way to deisgn a text in Telegu language?

<Title renamed by MOD>

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what version of InDesign and the operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its Indesign 2024 in macOS Ventura 13.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While this probably isn't related to your particular issue, make sure to update Ventura to its latest version first as you can have issues with InDesign on anything below 13.5.

Also, try to install InDesign 2023 from the Creative Cloud app - will you have the same problems there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am trying to design a text in Telegu but the characters keeps changing and spaces being added randomly. 

I'm working on a Telugu translation right now, and I don't see that behavior at all when using Mallanna. Can you give us a bit more detail? Maybe you could do a bit of screen recording and show us the characters-keep-changing in realtime?

Usually the first thing I'd ask is "Are you using the World-Ready Composer?" but the only time the character composition or spacing would change, in that case, is when you're switching from the Paragraph Composer to the World-Ready Composer. So I'm guessing that there might be something else going on, here.

My second suggestion would match @leo.r 's advice; update your OS, and maybe try rolling back to InDesign CC 2023. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines