• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to prevent Adobe software stealing focus in Windows 10? - LOCKED

Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every Adobe app (InDesign, Photoshop...) is stealing the focus from other application a several times. This behaviour is annoying as well as useless. How to stop this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 108 Replies 108
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reported it multiple times unfortunately, as per the following format:

Bugreport.png

This issue is almost two years old. I have the same problem on all four computers I regularly use for Photoshop - all  computers use Windows 10, using the latest updates and latest version of Photoshop.

I know you guys probably can't do anything about it - but it is a seriously annoying bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing more to say, than the problem is STILL happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Ive been having this issue for over 2 years. I too usually have two monitors going and just throw photoshop on the other screen when batch processing and work on the other screen. I really hate that Adobe has forced this on us and never gave us a resolution.

But I think I've found a solution, for me anyhow, is to turn off the Application Frame in the Window menu bar. Unchecking this solved it for me and Photoshop stopped stealing focus/jumping to the foreground/being super f-ing annoying.

Hope this helps everyone and hope Adobe can fix this or at the very least tell us this is the solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, this is an Mac-only option, it doesn't work in Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

It drives me nuts too. I think background processes loading causes this problem. I mean look at this:

photoshop cc.PNG

Each process loads one by one. CC is competing with Chrome browser on this one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 03, 2017 Sep 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chiming in here, after yet another ignored bug report, that this has been over two years on an extraordinarily elementary matter:  it's not that Adobe doesn't have enough time, just that they don't care.  No other Windows application has ever done this.  It's not a universal problem; it's Adobe's problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found this thread via Google and wanted to say I find this behavior really annoying too and I wish they would fix it instead of just telling us to deal with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A conversation along similar lines (photoshop is mentioned numerous times!) is ongoing over at MS Technet, kind of suggests the problem may well be with the operating system!

Windows 10 : Stop any application from stealing focus ever. Is it possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lees27121125  wrote

A conversation along similar lines (photoshop is mentioned numerous times!) is ongoing over at MS Technet, kind of suggests the problem may well be with the operating system!

Windows 10 : Stop any application from stealing focus ever. Is it possible?

The simple logical problem with this is, why is Adobe Photoshop the single, lone application doing it?

This is on Adobe and they'll either fix it, or throw it onto the ever-increasing "ignore" pile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And why do you keep asking about it in the InDesign forum where no Photoshop product manager will ever see it???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FocusPulling.com  wrote

The simple logical problem with this is, why is Adobe Photoshop the single, lone application doing it?

This is on Adobe and they'll either fix it, or throw it onto the ever-increasing "ignore" pile.

It isn't, I put a link to the discussion, check it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh! Some others apps are doing it too is not an answer.

Adobe doesn't care about their users enough to fix this.

And ...  some bastard marked this thread as answered. Its not! Almost two years since the original post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right, let's ignore the fact that this issue is not restricted to Adobe software and go ahead and blame them anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. The issue is restricted to companies not caring about their customers. Adobe is one of them.

2. This is a site about Adobe.

3. I only have this problem with Adobe software (Word, Excel, Chrome, Openoffice work as they should)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only answer you're going to get is that you need to live with it. Complaining about it here isn't going to fix it.

Is it a pain, yes, but in the general scheme of things, it's not that horrible. Report it as a bug here: Adobe InDesign Feedback

Piling on in this thread is going to do nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BobLevine  wrote

The only answer you're going to get is that you need to live with it.

You gave that "only answer" several times.

As you said two years ago (when I started this thread) the problem does not appear on your machine.

I invite you to take part of this discussion again, if there is a solution you can present.

In the meantime just leave the thread open...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the answer hasn't changed. Report the bug. Stop launching the application multiple times a day.

What exactly would you like to hear besides the above? Unless you get a reply from someone clearly badged as an employee, you're getting feedback from other users. You can rant all you want.

I for one have no intention of closing this thread unless it devolves into name calling and goes way off track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My friendly suggestion would be to reverse marking this thread as "answered" - because anybody who Google searches (or searches these forums) for this same issue will see a big "answered" symbol next to it. Then they will read the thread hoping for the solution, only to find out that not only has this concern NOT been answered, but they will bear witness one of the most disappointing community exchanges, which it is likely to alienate or devalue the customer (like the customers who have already participated in this thread).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why the OP  marked it as correct, but you're right. It's not technically answered so I did indeed unmark it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a moderator and I marked as correct. I've been annoyed with this thread because it's not about InDesign at all. And Bob's posting is a correct statement of the current condition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign steals the focus several times - so this thread is about InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it does. I think Steve probably saw a few of the Photoshop references.

I’ve seen it myself, but I don’t find it any more than a very minor annoyance.

Adobe has made it easy to report bugs and get them upvoted. Just look under the help menu.

My objection to some of these posts is that they’re not suggestions or even requests for assistance, they’re nothing but rants and a few personal insults mixed in.

Adobe is not intentionally breaking things nor are they ignoring users. We don’t even know if this is an Adobe or Microsoft issue. Look at that mess in High Sierra for Mac users.

The InDesign team has limited resources and has to prioritize bug fixing and development. If this isn’t getting fixed my guess is that it just isn’t all that easy to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, could you please mark the question as unanswered? Because the problem is not solved up to now.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm locking this thread. Most of the people posting here are NOT using Adobe InDesign software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for marking the question as "unanswered"!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines