• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Quickly Center a Text Frame in InDesign

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2024 Aug 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I can't seem to center this text frame in the middle of the white space in a matter of 1/2 clicks.

So I have been creating a box as wide as the white space and align the text box with that wider box, and I can't help to think there might be a better option then what I have been doing.

Scherm­afbeelding 2024-08-05 om 14.43.34.png

Scherm­afbeelding 2024-08-05 om 14.43.40.png

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 05, 2024 Aug 05, 2024

I would make the text frame containing the text as wide as the white area and use the left/right indents.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 05, 2024 Aug 05, 2024

Hi @Werksmikkel:

Indents on the paragraph style as per Dave or L/R text frame insets (which can be saved as an object style). But either way, set the frame width to match the white space area, and then save your formatting as a style so that the subsequent captions take care of this for you. 

~Barb

2024-08-05_09-02-15 (1).gif

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would make the text frame containing the text as wide as the white area and use the left/right indents.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Werksmikkel:

Indents on the paragraph style as per Dave or L/R text frame insets (which can be saved as an object style). But either way, set the frame width to match the white space area, and then save your formatting as a style so that the subsequent captions take care of this for you. 

~Barb

2024-08-05_09-02-15 (1).gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Werksmikkel

Or you can make your TextFrame as side as the white space - then select center point in Transformation / Control panel - and either type destination Width - you can type "33%" if you wish - or just narrow it step-by-step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines