Exit

Hyperlinking script

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, 

Wonder if you can help me.

I have a text field, script label"Week" what I want to do is take the value of the text field which is a number and hyperlink this a page called Week-(number of text field)

Can someone help me please! Thank you 

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @wahid28246070iu4o, but how do want the script to work? What is your scripting knowledge like? I could make a function that takes a textFrame and makes a hyperlink that goes to a page "Week-<contents of text frame>". Are they text frames? Or are they table cells like in your previous question.

- Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark, 

I have a text field with a value in it, what i wanted to do was either click on that text field and run the script so it hyperlinks to page names 'Weekly-(text field number) if that makes sense? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also have some other text fields where they have data merge values and when I try to run the previous code you provided it doesnt work, do I need to add parethisis to the code or variable??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines