• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import PowerPoint document to InDesign?

Contributor ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a book created in PowerPoint (eek!). I know I can make PDFs of all the PPT pages and then place them page by page (126 pages) into a blank InDesign document, but is there any way to export/import the whole PPT doc into InD?

HOLD THE PRESSES! I found https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/place-a-multipage-pdf-in-indesign/td-p/11343293 and it worked perfectly!!

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2024 Aug 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jay-Random-Guy

Why? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2024 Aug 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long as they are identifying it as a commercial/paid product, I don't see anything wrong with it. For someone else to mention it, they have to 1) be aware of the existance of the product, 2) notice this thread to place a comment. I wasn't aware of either product* and was glad to learn about them. 

*Technically, I was familiar with the products but not that feature. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2024 Aug 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Dave Creamer of IDEAS

Not sure if you are referring to my tool - but there is one more condition - I'm not interested in wasting time on reverse engineering PPTX files, so my solution requires PowerPoint to be installed as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

J-R-G,

I agree wholeheartedly with this comment.
It clearly mentions something that has important layers of interest for the integrity of the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ana p379793058vpa Sorry--I'm confused. Are you agreeing with the comment that people should NOT mention a product if they have some sort of financial stake in it? Even if it directly relates to solving a problem?

Or is it the other way around?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2024 Sep 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

The mentioned thread, which I thought was very thoughtful, just makes a very elegant allusion to the way someone with commercial products can refer to them. It does not talk about the ethics of using a forum to make marketing suggestions.

‘Chimmed in’ is a recommendable suggestion. The point of including in the headers of the Community Expert headers their financial stakes is something new here: in the chess world GMs wear clothes with the names of their sponsors embroidered on various visible parts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2024 Sep 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, this premise assumes an unrelated person is familiar with the product and happens to read the thread. 

There is nothing wrong with suggesting someone else's or one's own product according the community guidelines:

Non-Adobe Products

If you're sharing information about a third-party paid product, please adhere to the following:

• It must be a service or product not offered already by Adobe, that fixes an issue that Adobe doesn't offer a solution for.
  • Provide relevant context of why you're sharing it, and make sure it's directly related to the user’s question. 
  • Explicitly state that it's a paid product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2024 Sep 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David,

what J-R-G was proposing was that a third party should preferably make the suggestion. That was the thread I commented on.

In recent months it is notorious the presence of some colleagues who appear almost every day spending a lot of time commenting on the threads. Obviously we should thank them for their time and willingness and sometimes their efficiency.

It is perfectly logical and clear that no one would think that this is due to the fact that behind everything is proposed are paid solutions or that this increases their prestige to be consulted through direct and proven contacts that the forum itself provides.

However, it is often the case that once a simple and free answer appears, it is accompanied by another one offering the same thing for a fee. It is not unethical but it does create confusion or doubt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2024 Sep 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[...] 

However, it is often the case that once a simple and free answer appears, it is accompanied by another one offering the same thing for a fee. It is not unethical but it does create confusion or doubt.

By @ana p379793058vpa

If the additional answer brings completely new possibilities - that are not available within the first answer - and the first answer is complete and unbiased - what's wrong with that?

Confusion and doubt of what? 

Would you prefer to get only a "basic" answer - and spend 10+ hours doing something manually - or have a choice, that for a small fee it can be done in a few minutes? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2024 Sep 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

«If the additional answer brings completely new possibilities - that are not available within the first answer - and the first answer is complete and unbiased - what's wrong with that?»

Perhaps this thread shows part of the offers:

Screenshot 2024-09-03 at 4.30.13 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

«Would you prefer to get only a "basic" answer - and spend 10+ hours doing something manually - or have a choice, that for a small fee it can be done in a few minutes? »

It would be interesting to precise  where the calculation figures come from when a basic correct answer leads to 10+hours of additional work.

For many of us a correct answer is a correct answer.  I am not totally convinced that a small fee the solution will be the new path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines