• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In Design spacebar closes app instead of creating space

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Design spacebar closes app instead of creating a space.  This only in InDesign as it works OK elsewhere

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

I eventually spent four hours with Adobe online and after reinstalling InDesign, two computer restarts and them using Cleaner it was a check of Keyboard settings under Accessibilty found that 'Enable Full Keyboard access was ticked. When unticked it resolved it. A long day but they were very helpful. I hope this bit of info may add to the knowledge.

Thank you for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing to check is the keyboard shortcut set, just to be sure there's nothing wonky there. Next thing to try is resetting the preferences: Reset InDesign Preferences and Other Troubleshooting 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter – will try

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have tried several approaches and have now reinstalled InDesign and it still will not create space. Everything else OK and works in other programs. I imported file with chinese as well as latin characters. Could this be the problem? It had been set in SinSum but have changed font. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you run the cleaner tool before reinstalling? Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to solve installation problems 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has just started ahppening to me... Soooo annoying! Anyone else been able to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing some other posts about strange spacebar behaviors on Mac that seem to be realted to running Chrome...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I eventually spent four hours with Adobe online and after reinstalling InDesign, two computer restarts and them using Cleaner it was a check of Keyboard settings under Accessibilty found that 'Enable Full Keyboard access was ticked. When unticked it resolved it. A long day but they were very helpful. I hope this bit of info may add to the knowledge.

Thank you for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting this.

What is your OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monterey 12.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG you absolute LEGEND!!! This fixed it!!!!

Finally after days of puling my hair out. Thank you thank you thank you!! Best Christmas present ever!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if this counts as an Adobe bug or an Apple bug...

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but why wouldn’t anybody want full keyboard access? I had the same issue and spent best part of a day not fixing it. Only concerns Indesign, so this is a bug. I do need full keyboard access as I work in several languages.

Thanks for the answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FKB is a way to navigate the computer with less reliance on a mouse or trackpad. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats it! Thanks so much for posting this. I am running OS Monterey 12.3. I had updated this weeks earlier and suddenly today that started happening. unclicking the enable full keyboard access did the trick! Much appreciated!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That accessibility setting was the answer!!!!   Thank you thank you!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For troubleshooting

First, you should reset preferences, if it didnt work, uninstal and reinstall indesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of which was covered in the previous responses...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 2.47.12 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I need Keyboard Accessibility to use Keyboard Maestro and my Logitech MX 3 Mouse. Arrrrggghhhhhh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh. Solve it with a little poking around. While in Accessibility > Full Keyboard Access leave it turned ON. Click on the "circle i" icon, click the "Commands" tab, delete "Space" to the right of "Activate".

YAY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!  I had this problem as well....seems like a weird bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines