• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Incufficient data for an image

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2023 Jul 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are experiencing issues with exporting to PDF. Hi res PDF Compatibility Acrobat 7 (PDF 1.6). The PDF is created normally, but when opening the PDF, it sometimes happens that the image is not displayed on one or more pages. The error message for this specific page is: ERROR: Insufficient data for an image. We tried to solve this problem within our team. Eventually, we discovered that the issue did not occur for one of our colleagues. Further investigation revealed that this colleague was still using an older version of InDesign (18.3). The colleagues experiencing problems had automatic updates enabled and were working on the new version 18.4. I then uninstalled my 18.4 version and reverted back to 18.3, and the PDF exports started working as before without the error message.

I hope you can look into this and perhaps address it in the new InDesign version.

Best regards, Mike Böger Moolenaar BV

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen with just one file or with all files?

If more than one file but not all, can you identify commonalities among the files which cause the problem?

What operating system are you and your colleagues (exact version)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now have 18.4 installed on my MacBook Pro M1 running Ventura 13.4.

On a test InDesign file I used the same export settngs you are using and get no errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please provide the operating system that you are running? If it worked correctly for Steve on a Mac perhaps the problem is compatibility with Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also experiencing this error message when creating PDFs out of version 18.4 (using a custom PDF preset from printer). Also backed down to 18.3 version and PDFs were again created fine without errors.

Ran some tests on past files that were created with this same PDF preset but were in version 18.3 at the time, now opening in 18.4 and trying create the same PDF gets the error.

What I discovered is - in version 18.4 under the compression tab if ZIP is selected that's when the error occurs. Selecting any of the other options, PDFs again were created fine, no errors.

Running a iMac (2020), Ventura 13.4.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried taking my file in InDesign 18.4 (listed above) and changed Compression to Zip for color images when exporting a Print PDF. I cannot replicate that that change causes the error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure that this option is enabled in Acrobat's preferences:

Capture_2307052339.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @MikeB73 and @vx6000 ,

to test all this we need original files from you, best a packaged InDesign document with the used image(s).

A simple test case would be ok, one placed image. Plus the PDF settings file ( *.joboptions ) you are using.

Zip all that, put the zip file on Dropbox or a similar service and share the download link.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Expert )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An InDesign product manager told us that they have identified circumstances that can cause the "insufficient data for an image" error message when using Zip compression. They are now working on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2023 Jul 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

did some tests with my personal files and also one document from a forum member who does not show up in this thread here; cannot replicate the issue at all.

So we need test files from e.g. @MikeB73 and @vx6000 , also the used *.joboptions files together with some system and machine specs to do further tests. I can only speculate that the issue is perhaps only visible with some machines, graphic cards, memory or distinct versions of Acrobat Pro; perpetual version vs subscript cloud version or other parameters.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same issue, only with some files with ZIP compression. (most files with ZIP compression, export working PFDs) With no compression or JPG the exports work, but hopefuly the issue with ZIP compression will be fixed soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2023 Jul 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Franziska2202788319tf ,

in the meanwhile I came accross a constellation of document, images and PDF export settings where I could reproduce the bug. I must be a little vague here because this touches discussions at InDesign Prerelease.

Well, all in all also other issues* with PDF Export sneaked in with InDesign 18.4.0.

The developers are activiley working on the issue. Until this fix is out I would go back to InDesign 18.3.

But what the developers need are sample data. It seems to be a complex thing with a lot of variables...

My suggestion is to either log in to InDesign Prerelease or to contact @HARSHIKA_VERMA who replied this:

"We would request you to please submit the feedback on our InDesign Uservoice and share the link with us here for tracking purposes." at:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/18-4-update-doesn-t-export-all-pdfs-properly/m-p...

* Missing elements in the exported PDFs

* Problems with accessibility

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2023 Jul 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, accessible pdf's exported from pdf are also broken and won't pass pdf/ua testing.

It is sad... again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines