• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 18.x always says file needs saving

Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I've updated to InDesign 18, every single time I open an ID doc and then try to close it, it says that I should save my changes. This is extremely annoying. I haven't changed anything in the document and none of the placed artwork/images have changed. I'm literally just opening a doc to look at it and yet ID keeps asking me to save before closing.

I am on Mac OS Monterey 12.6.3

Is this happening to anyone else? How can I fix this?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Hi @timz67519437 ,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please try the suggestions shared here and let us know if this helps or if you need further assistance.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be that the document(s) opened were last saved (in the version you used) before you updated? If that's the case, just opening those files in the newer version sets them to an unsaved state. Check the document's title tab for an asterisk that appears before the title when the state is unsaved...

JohnMensinger_0-1678823594010.png

If it's there, just tap Cmd+S before you close.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I happens with older docs as well as docs created with the new version of ID. All documents immediately have an asterisk when I open them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @timz67519437 ,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please try the suggestions shared here and let us know if this helps or if you need further assistance.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines