• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2020 (15.0.2) is creating extra folders (AdobeFnt.lst ) automatically after packaging files

Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone noticed that the latest version of InDesign 2020 (15.0.2) is recreating extra folders after files have been packaged with images and fonts? Basically, I just packaged a layout by saving it to an alternative 'work' folder that sits on my desktop. Once that was complete I moved the packaged folder back to the original job folder alongside other material associated with the project.

The issue occurred as soon as I opened that InDesign file once again. After doing this, a new folder (same name as the packaged material) reappeared in the 'work' desktop folder. It only contains a Document Fonts folder, so no duplicate Links or a copy of the InDesign files itself. Weird behavior though, I've not seen anything like this before and it's only started happening after the very recent upgrade.

At least the awful CMD-Z undo bug seems to have been fixed though.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Hi,

Sorry to hear about this issue. I understand it's frustrating. This issue is currently under investigation. Till the time it is fixed, please upvote this issue here (https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/39846805-adobefnt-lst-automatically-reappears-after-deletin) and stay tuned for updates.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Hi,

Sorry about the trouble this issue has caused. We've fixed this in the latest release. Please update your InDesign to v 15.0.3 to get this fixed.

Here's a link with more details: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/39846805-adobefnt-lst-automatically-reappears-after-deletin

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 145 Replies 145
Participant ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, where is this update? Five days later and still no update showing up in CC app. Our workflow is seriously suffering, not just from this issue, but from the multitude of issues in 15.0.2. Or should we switch our operations to Quark?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read:

Note: Since this release has been happening in an incremental manner, as of now it would be available to the Adobe IDs registered in countries: Australia, Netherlands, Hong kong, India, United Kingdom, France, Canada, Italy, Switzerland, Belgium, Sweden and Spain.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/experience-improved-performance-in-indesign-15-0-3/td-p/1112...

By all means, switch to Quark, whole new bugs to deal with, a lot!  😉 .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the link.

Good info, bad news for users in the U.S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what happens. We create an article with photo/article text in it and package the file. Everything is in the packaged file as it should be. We move the package folder to our networked Drobo. Open from that location and everything is fine. We move it to another folder on the server and go back to the first server folder and open a different packaged InDesign file. When we do that the previous package folder (that was moved out of that folder) reappears in the first location with only the "Document Fonts" folder in it. 

What in the world is going on? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. This issue has been reported by other users as well. Product team is currently reviewing it. Please upvote the InDesign UserVoice post https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/39846805-adobefnt-lst-a...
You may check progress on this issue on the same page. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same expeot caused by InDesign, but it came from Dropbox. Dropbox thought that the server version is  the source and if it is missing on the client it has to copy there the files. It happens when 2 or more were working in close timely distance with the same files. 

I don't know the reason, but it could be that the time stamp was either wrong with one of the clients or with the server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a grpahic designer at a print shop, so I go throu a lot of files daily. And when we are done, we package the INDD files and archive them for future use. I also made the mistake of updating to Catalina when it first came out which has been lots of problems. Anyways, the last two days, I package my files, and I try to move them over to my server, and there is this one lingering file "AdobeFnt21.lst" left in the "document fonts" folder, that wont trasnfer over. So I delete it, and they kee popping back up. I have Googled alot. And I have done a few things, like clear font caches, search every instant of the "AdobeFnt21.lst" on my computer and delete them all, nothing is working. Has any one had this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think have the same issue with InDesign (15.0.2).

Before moving or renaming the packaged folder, it seems to be a good idea to close the original file and quit INDD once.

I hope this issue will be fixed soon.

And there were several posts about it in https://indesign.uservoice.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the links and response. Yep turns out quitting and re-opening InDesign does help, but not just once, after every single time. I have created a folder on my desktop, that I package everything in, then move the folder to the designated spot I need it, and at the end of the day, I close o ut of INDD, delete that folder, and restart my computer and start fresh the next day. So annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, same thing happening here. Just started happening this week. Hmmph.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quitting and re-opening InDesign each time is the only solution so far. Its a dub work around, just to not have all these extra files laying around. I have bene putting them in a trash fodler on my desktop, then at the end of the day quit INDD and then delete the folder!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue on Windows 10. Indesign version 15.0.2. Noticed it started just over a week ago

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downgraded to 15.0.1 and problem went away. But it reset all preferences. Worth it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, I'll try this. So annoying! Hope Adobe can fix this in an update soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search the forum. Yes, it's been reported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi together,

the developers are working on a solution.

You could test a fix when working with the latest prerelease version of InDesign that currently is not released through the CC Desktop app. You could comment on this issue and vote for a fix at InDesign UserVoice:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/39846805-adobefnt-lst-a...

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This has been happening a lot recently.

When I open any Indesign file, I get 4 folders appear on my desktop from previous jobs, in each of these folders is another folder that says Document Fonts which has Adobe font file.

If I reset the Indesign preferances it stops initially, then starts happening again.

I run a 27" iMac, Catalina, version 10.15.3, and Indesign CC2020.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Mike.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, I even deleted app, and re-installed. It seems to happen when packageing a file, then opening said file from packaged folder. Even when I open a different file (from different project), it residually putsthe recently packaged folders onto desktop. any help would be appreciated, trash is getting full with these duplicate folders!!

imac 27" 10.15.3 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Known bug in 2020 15.02 and already discussed in many other topics here (search for package or fontlist or font folder). We have to wait for an update to fix this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah right, no problem... many thanks for the update.

I'll go back to filling my trash with empty folders for now until they fix it 🙂

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bit of an update, I installed a copy of Suitcase Fusion, currently on a free trial, and the issue seems to have stopped!

Hurrah!

I'll keep you posted if things change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha, you wish! No, Suitcase does nothing, it is InDesign that generates this, just wait...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'm not getting folders appear on my desktop now, even when I package up a file for example.

So far so good 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're absolutely right... 🙂

Yep, those pesky folders have started re appearing again.

Shame... thought I had a fix.

Really need Adobe to sort this out, it's getting boring now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So just an update with this occurring issue...

My work around is everytime the folders start to appear on my desktop I reset Indesign (holding shift, ctrl, alt and cmd and when prompted hit 'Yes') and the folders stop appearing, I haven't worked out how long it stops the folders appearing for, but for now it certainly helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines