• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign 2024 & Sonoma 14.2.1

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2024 Jan 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone got a solution to making inDesign work on Sonoma 14.2.1? I cannot run the application, it either crashes on launch or crashes as I open a document or crashes as I try and save. I've tried the following:

- Deleted preference files

- Turned off system fonts 

- Reinstalled

- CC clean uninstall

- Ran Onyx

Any help would be appreciated as I cannot do any of my work,

Best,

Will

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

I think you should call Adobe tech support. I've run through all my "bag of tricks". Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

If you haven't already done so, update to Sonoma 14.3 which solves many problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please try uninstalling Adobe InDesign using the Adobe Cleaner Tool and then re-install and let us know if this helps or if you need further assistance.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this does not help - same problem after re-install

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with @Rishabh_Tiwari's suggestion.

However, some people still find problems with Sonoma because Apple has not worked out all the bugs of that release. I have not had those problems so hopefully that should solve it for you. But this tech note lists other issues:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/macos-sonoma-compatibility-common-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell us more about your Mac system - Mac version, processor, storage, etc.

Does the crashing happen with all files you try to open? Does it work when you create a new document?

What method did you use to restore preferences. Here's a recommended method:

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple M1

16 GB

14.2.1 (23C71)

300GB free of 1TB 

Crashing happens with every file and sometimes without evening be able to open a file, just after launching app.

Also happens when creating a new document and moments into trying to use a new a document.

I have tried using the keyboard shortcut to rebuild preference file and also rebuilt the cache files neither of which has worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running out of ideas. Try installing InDesign 2023, and see if you get crashes there. You can have both InDesign CC 2024 and 2023 installed at the same time. 

If that doesn't work, there could be corruption in your User file. Create a new User and open InDesign there and see if you get crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean create a new Adobe account or a new MacOS account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new MacOS account (would solve if problem of corruption in your current Mac account)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried this and neither inDesign 2023 or 2024 do not work on another Mac account

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you should call Adobe tech support. I've run through all my "bag of tricks". Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried this and neither inDesign 2023 or 2024 do not work on another Mac account

By @Will Da Costa

I saw a few other posts (2 or 3) of people with exactly the same issues like yours on Sonoma. So while this issue isn't common, you're not the only one (not that it helps). The conclusion in all cases was what @Steve Werner suggested — to contact Adobe tech support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I will do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It turns out my inDesign only works when offline or hotspotting through my phone - it crashes on wifi everytime. I do not know why

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you haven't already done so, update to Sonoma 14.3 which solves many problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines