Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Beta Build Has Expired

New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

In the middle of working in the beta version of indesign (I have a Macbook pro 2020 with the M1 chip), I got an error notification saying InDesign Beta Build has expired. I've reached out to support, who recommended I uninstall the program and reinstall. They also recommended I log out of all adobe accounts, restart my laptop and try the reinstallation again. To no avail.

For the technical team, this is what I was doing while it happened: 

1. I was reinstalling my creative cloud (it randomly stopped working and I could not repair it for a week. After countless uninstallations and reinstallations, I tried again and it worked). The error happened in the middle of the reinstallation. 

2. I was activating fonts (I also tried manually dragging installed fonts into adobe/fonts in my library)

This is what the error looked like:

Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 9.07.39 PM.png

Is there any solution to this? Thank you for responses in advance. 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Hi all,

InDesign for Apple silicon (16.3.2 ) is now available for all. Download the app from the Creative Cloud desktop app and share your experience with us.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/indesign-beta-build-has-expired/m-p/12046804

Unfortunately - Apple decided to create its own chips that are not compatible with plenty of other software outside of Apple spheres. 

For anyone not aware:

On the Adobe Specs for the software, it states that Intel or AMD chips - Apple M1 chip was not listed as supported hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using the Beta version and was very happy with it. Now all of a sudden I can't open the Beta app anymore. The regular version keeps freezing up on me. I'm stuck with my work at the moment. Any sight on a new release of the Beta app...? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To help you, we'd need more information about your system: Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running. You're referring to "the Beta version": What exact version is this and how did you acquire it? To me it suggests that you downloaded a Prerelease version of InDesign from the Creative Cloud app by being a member of the InDesign Prerelease program. Is that true?

You also refer to "the regular version". Exactly what version of InDesign is that? 

You can view the version by choosing About InDesign within the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on an M1 Macbook Pro running Big Sur 11.3.1. With the regular CC indesign version 16.2.1. I've had the Beta downloaded from the CC panel beginning of April which I was very happy with. Yesterday I started the Beta version and I got the warning that my licence for the Beta version had passed. So after that, I started up the 16.2.1 version again and that keeps freezing on me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi vandenburg,

join InDesign prerelease:

https://www.adobeprerelease.com/

Or use this one directly:

https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/C6DFA254-C40C-4EEB-8F6D-F4AEDA2E6171

You should be greeted like that:

JoinInDesignPrerelease-1.PNG

Source:

https://medium.com/adobetech/how-to-join-creative-cloud-prerelease-programs-ccecc10ae7d3

If you've done that successfully you'll see a new prerelease version of InDesign 16.3 in the new category Prerelease of your CC Desktop App. Hope, this will help. Cannot tell, because I'm on WIndows 10. Here a screenshot of my CC Desktop App from my German system:

CC-Desktop-App-Category-Prerelease.png

Note: Do not try to install InDesign (Prerelease Debug)

That's a version for developers of C++ plug-ins.

CC-Desktop-App-Category-Prerelease-Available-InDesign-Versions.png

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much! Will be trying it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Non si apre la versione Beta di Indesign (utile per mac M1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the InDesign forum for you, which is the appropriate forum for your question.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Please provide information on your hardware setup and operating system and any error messages you've seen, as the information will help others troubleshoot your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

16.3 version for M1 was released yesterday in most countries in Europe. The beta has expired now. Just wait untill you see the official 16.3 update, here in the Netherlands it is already available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

As Frans mentioned, InDesign 16.3 has already been released in a few countries and soon will be available to all. If it is not available for you right now, you can still install it from the pre-release tab in Creative Cloud.

16.3 beta.png

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

InDesign for Apple silicon (16.3.2 ) is now available for all. Download the app from the Creative Cloud desktop app and share your experience with us.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti, I've installed 16.3.2 - I'm on an imac with the M1 processor. My InDesign is still basically unuseable for creating documents with text. Whenever I do something in a text box (type, delete, move, copy/paste) the text in the box disappears and I have to click on a button to make it reappear (normally I use command/- or + as that seems to be the quickest way of making it reappear). I'm working at about 20% capacity as I'm creating a large illustrated book. I'm using the Overprint Preview workaround at the moment which someone accidentally discovered on a forum somewhere, but I can't do everything I need to in overprint preview mode. I've wasted so much money buying this new Mac and no longer have my old one. Please fix it - I'm going mad! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue here – still trying to figure out what causes this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I am sorry for the delayed response. We have recently released an update for InDesign 2021 (v16.4) which contains some stability fixes. If you are not already on (v16.4), then we recommend you to update to the latest version and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seems like prerelease versions are the way to go while the Beta version is not available. I have added details on how to join the prerelease program on the other thread that you posted.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines