Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Print goes though but crashes every time on multiple files

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 07, 2014 Aug 07, 2014

While we continue to work with EFI to permanently resolve this issue, we have made a workaround available through the following article:

InDesign CC 2014 | Crash while printing to Fiery RIP | Mac OS

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 126 Replies 126
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2014 Jun 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem too. Mac 10.9.3 and using Fiery connected printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2014 Jul 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. This doesn't seem to work reliable in every case.. but it does seem to me that if I SAVE the file, immediately before printing, that the odds of the file printing and InDesign not crashing afterward go up. Maybe something for everyone to play with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2014 Jul 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work for me but it seems more likely to crash when I go into "Printer" from the print menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2014 Jul 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did InDesign2014 update released on July 24, 2014. InDesign crashed immediately after printing to Fiery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2014 Jul 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here guys , possible work around for now is to setup your printer to go to the Fiery's hold queue .Then use Command Workstation to select the required print options,

Regards

Chris

OS 10.9.3

IC414 Fiery (E100)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still crashing when using the "print and hold" process on a Xerox Fiery CommandWorkstation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here. InD CC 2014 crashes after printing to Xerox 700 w/Fiery and also randomly when I'm working in other applications, even Excel, not just other CC apps. Mavericks 10.9.3, iMac 3.1 GHz i7, 8 GB RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2014 Jul 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with Windows 8.1 - I cannot print a document that I am working on. My solution was to generate a export a PDF and then print the PDF. I am only doing this till the problem gets resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2014 Jul 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am crashing when printing as well - even if I don't select printer to access print features in the print menu. Running Indesign cc 2014 with all updates installed for Indesign and printer. The printer is a Xerox J75 with EXJ75 rip.

Mac Pro Late 2013

3.7Ghz Quad Core Intel Xeon E5

16Gb 1867 DDR3 Ram

AMD Firepro D300 2048mb

OS X 10.9.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2014 Jul 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We found a possible workaround for crashing Xerox printers with a Fiery RIP that works in our company.

If we go to: System Preferences -> Print & Fax and open the Print Queue

the crashing doen’t occur for as long as the the queue window is opened.

It’s not a real solution but it’s a really nice workaround for now.

Hopefully this works for other people too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to work! Just ran a couple of tests, but so far so good. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works here too so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a Canon here and having the print queue open works to stop the crashing in InDesign too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2014 Jul 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another person in our office it didn't work for (keeping the print queue open)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried leaving the print queue open on:

27-inch iMac mid 2011

3.4 GHz Intel Core i7

8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Running OS X 10.9.3

and InDesign CC 2014 crashed immediately on print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'print queue open' workaround is not working for us. Crashes just like before. There seems to be a real issue with InD 2014 and Fiery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the guys I work with says, "Doesn’t seem to crash as frequently, but still crashes."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2014 Jul 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leaving the print queue open is working for me with OS 10.9.3 and printing to Xerox Work Centre 7700 series EFI. I have not needed to open the command workstation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leaving the print queue open prevents ID CC14 from crashing on a Ricoh 4501 with a E-5200 Fiery. Opening the latest version of CommandWorkstation 5 (5.6.0.24) immediately crashes InDesign even with the print queue open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue as well. Running Mavericks 10.9.3 on a Mac Pro, printing to Fiery RIP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2014 Jul 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The print queue fix isn't working for me - it just delays the crash by about 20 seconds... maybe the issue is worse with OSx 10.9.4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're running into the same issue now. InDesign CC 2014, Fiery printer, and Mavericks. Crashes after printing.

I'm a bit concerned that Adobe hasn't responded to this issue in almost a month. Are they still looking into this or are we all on our own?

Luckily, we have one machine that has Indesign CC on it, which the crash does not happen to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today my InDesign CC started crashing right after SAVING the file too, not just when printing it from InDesign. (Canon C7065 on Fiery Command Workstation 5.5)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is the InDesign forum, but Illustrator does the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, InDesign2014 crashes unexpectedly when I'm not even in the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines