Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Print goes though but crashes every time on multiple files

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 07, 2014 Aug 07, 2014

While we continue to work with EFI to permanently resolve this issue, we have made a workaround available through the following article:

InDesign CC 2014 | Crash while printing to Fiery RIP | Mac OS

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 126 Replies 126
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2014 Jul 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had a call back from Xerox - this is apparently an Adobe issue. EFI and Xerox have investigated and the issue lies in the CC software, Adobe have been informed from EFI.

How are we looking for a fix from Adobe??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2014 Jul 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My best solution I have so after is (Using Canon Printer with Fiery Rip):

If you set a your fiery setting as a preset in the printer dialog box and choose from theses rather than opening the fiery options. I find that it doesn't crash. MOST of the time.

See screen grab.ScreenGrab.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2014 Jul 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EFI and Adobe have been working together toward a solution but we do not have an ETA yet on it.

We're exploring options relating to software fixes or finding steps to accomplish a workaround manually until a software fix is available.

A request that our teams have made is if you are experiencing this issue, please go ahead and leave the name of the printer manufacturer (Xerox, Ricoh, etc) to help get those fixes prioritized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2014 Aug 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are printing to Canon C1+ Mark II's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Xerox 550-560 Integrated Fiery

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same same Fiery. No crashing since the "leaving print cue window open" work around (Mac) as discussed earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My InDdesign CC 2014 also crashes after file is spooled to the printer. Not just on 1 printer but on all printers that we use for printing different jobs. Lasers, wide-format.

Mac Powerbook 10.9.4. Previous versions of Indesign had no printing issues, Illustrator, Acrobat and Photoshop all print without any issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using a Xerox 700/700i with Integrated Fiery unit.

After a lot of 'work around' testing, we have set-up a new printer option (on our 10.9.4 machines) that print to the HOLD queue directly.

We have found that when you don't go into the Fiery options (in the print dialog in your application) and print to the HOLD queue directly, Indesign/Illustrator don't crash. Then you can set your Fiery features in Command Workstation, apply your settings and print from the HOLD queue.

It is an extra step to do this but you have no crashing and you don't need to export to PDF first.

Cheers.

2014-08-01-01.40.14-pm.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2014 Aug 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm the Hold queue trick worked for me in Illustrator CC 2014 on our Xerox 700. However, I'm going to hold off on upgrading InDesign until a proper fix comes from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2014 Aug 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using Xerox J75 with EX J75 rips.

The preset option still seems to cause a crash when printing for us - looks as though this issue could take a while to solve as it has been ongoing for 6-ish weeks now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2014 Aug 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While we continue to work with EFI to permanently resolve this issue, we have made a workaround available through the following article:

InDesign CC 2014 | Crash while printing to Fiery RIP | Mac OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would this fix also happen to work for Illustrator CC 2014? It is also giving us problems when printing to our Fiery printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tested the 'Work-Around' script from Adobe (link above) and it works beautifully in both Indesign and Illustrator.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you just have to run the script as stated in the workaround's page and only select InDesign 2014, or did you have to do it a second time for Illustrator 2014 as well?

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did run it for both, since Adobe mentioned selecting applications specifically.

Are you having issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tried it yet, I just wanted to make sure I took the right steps before I had to kick one of our designers off their machines. I'll update after I give it a shot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The script runs fast and for both programs it was a 10 second fix. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work when I selected Illustrator. It gave me an error and told me to select the InDesign CC 2014 application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't notice that.

After running the script try printing from Illustrator, because after I ran it my test print in Illustrator worked fine through Fiery.

I will try Illustrator again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed it into InDesign CC 2014. Maybe it automatically fixes Illustrator too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't automatically fix my Illustrator CC 2014, still crashes, but InDesign works great after script run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just ran the script and it worked well on both InDesign 2014 and Illustrator 2014 for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean you ran it on InDesign and this fixed for both apps? If I try to run it on Illustrator, it says I have to pick an InDesign app to fix. Illustrator still crashing after I ran on InDesign, but INDD working good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested Illustrator again (selecting more Fiery features in the in-application print dialog) and Illustrator crashed.

It actually crashed both Illustrator and Command Workstation when processing the file.

The script does NOT fix Illustrator! This is to bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines