Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign CC 2018 keeps crashing on Copy and Paste content

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am have a real problem, copy and paste between files is not working and Indesign crashes when I do a paste.

Let me explain:

Did an upgrade of Indesign CC in Wednesday

Worked on a number of file and everything was find.

Did and upgrade of Windows 10 on Thursday and still everything was working well.

Saturday - working on two files that I was working on, on Thursday.  But when I copy the artwork from one file and go and paste it into another file indesign just crashes.

I have, just to let you the reader know, that I have uninstalled and reinstalled Indesign and that has made no difference

I really would appreciate any help and advice with this.

All the very best and thanks for reading.

Kind regards

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

We have provided an update to CC2018 to addressed crashes and bugs.(If the updates are not available select "Check for app updates" option in Creative cloud application.)

Refer Release notes - https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/release-note/indesign-cc-13-0-1.html

If you still face issue, Please restart your machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES!!!! Started experiencing this issue out of the clear blue sky with CC 2019 and disabling pdf functionality for Clipboard Handing did the trick: THANKS SO MUCH!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same or similar issue.

Keeps crashing, i found its often when i have CC library links. Or copy and paste grouped linked or more than one object.

It also crash when i select the other document.

So i can select and copy object. Then when selecting the document to paste in, it just shuts down.

Turning of PDF copy/paste didnt do anything.

Edit:

It also crashes if i try to Embed the linked CC-libarary objects. Its random, its not all objects and some objects works sometimes only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nalfaren

Did you by any chance reload Indesign 2017?  I would be very interested to know if your problem went away.

All the very best for now.

Kind regards

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i am working on a timesensitive pallet design for PlayStation at the moment, the bugs have slowed me down a couple of hours. I will try using the older version later tonight. Ill get back to you then. Now i must manually recreate some parts and make sure they are exactly on same placement and size

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey John,

I am having the SAME issue w/trying to copy & paste in InDesign. Very similar story… I updated my CC subscription on Sun., Oct. 22nd on my iMac & MacBook & things were working fine until tonight! Now my InDesign is doing the exact same thing w/continuous crashing every time I try even a basic copy/paste from an older doc. (created in the '17 version) to the new '18 version so I thought maybe that was it until I read through people's responses here. It also seems to crash when I try to move graphics (only in the '18 version) off the main dartboard or from one page to another.

Just wondering what's worked for you since your org. post? I am currently trying to install the '17 version again (like someone suggested above) until this hopefully is permanently fixed by Adobe & FINGERS CROSSED this will work in the meantime. I do the bulk of my work all in InDesign, but also work w/Photoshop & Illustrator constantly as well so hope this isn't an ongoing issue w/ALL the 2018 CC updates? Yikes! Like yourself & others I have tight deadlines & am not sure how I'm going to get stuff done if this isn't fixed immediately! 

Best of Luck to you & please reply if/when you get any new responses or anything works for you!

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

A fix for this issue is at Crash fixes for October 2017 (13.0) release of InDesign CC

Do try it and sgare your feedbacks

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!! This seems to be working so far for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the fix but sadly doesn’t work. InDesign still hanging after copy’n’paste.

Workaround: Preferences → avoid combination of (1) GPU Performance and (2) Copy PDF to Clipboard … if (1) is enabled and (2) too = hang/crash. If (1) is disabled and (2) is enabled everything is fine (so far).

indesign2018-after-fix-prefs.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally! Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works for me aswell! Hurray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I get a startup alert and nothing opens!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have provided an update to CC2018 to addressed crashes and bugs.(If the updates are not available select "Check for app updates" option in Creative cloud application.)

Refer Release notes - https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/release-note/indesign-cc-13-0-1.html

If you still face issue, Please restart your machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indesign 2018 crashes when pasting unformatted text - re-setting makes no difference!  Driving me crazy!  No contact options on ADOBE website - except come here - very poor!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue - however as soon as I select any text and press "Command + C" Indesign instantly crashes.

I have:

- Checked updates - I am using the most recent version 13.0.1

- Created a fresh unformatted document - with the same results

- Cleared up memory on my computer and closed all my other apps
- Restarted my computer several times (with completely turning it off for a period of time before turning it on again)

- Holding down "Control + Option + Shift" while restarting the application (to reset it)

Been Waiting for Adobe Customer Support to respond to my help chat for nearly an hour. Unfortunately my workplace isn't too understanding and how badly this effects my ability to get artwork across to them immediately... TGIF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having the same issue. 13.0.1 update didn't fix it.

Adobe: please fix. This is professional software for which we're paying real money.

Now it's costing us time an money.

Do your job and fix this. How long is this still dragging on?

If needed pull some people from Animate in which nobody is interested except Adobe.

Do your job!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A

Same here. two different machines and two different Adobe CC accounts. Same Indesign version 13.0.1.

we have lost many hours thanks to this bug.

Adobe really need to get this sorted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

herefordshire  wrote

… Same Indesign version 13.0.1.…

Hi herefordshire ,

in the meanwhile InDesign CC 2018.1 version 13.1.0.76 was released.

With a lot of bug fixes. See into details here:

March 2018 (13.1) release of InDesign CC Release Notes

Also see Steve Werner's article here:

https://indesignsecrets.com/whats-new-in-indesign-cc-2018-1-march-2018-release.php

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it turns out my colleague is using 13.1! Still crashing..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh boy…
Would you be so kind and do a bug report here:

Adobe InDesign: Bugs: Hot (801 ideas) – Adobe InDesign Feedback

If you can provide a minimum document sample, maybe one page for source and target doc so that the developers can recreate the crash. Also do a little movie about the crash and provide the link to the developers.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also send samples to Monica Singh of the InDesign Team. Mail address is provided here:

Re: Indesign CC 2018 keeps crashing on Copy and Paste content

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Herefordshire,

As mentioned by Laubender, please share with me the steps to reproduce the issue, and the sample documents with which you are facing the crash.

Just to start with please confirm you are facing this issue on latest version of InDesign ID 13..

Share with me below asked information for further investigation:

1. URL you are using to copy the content

2. Document on which you are pasting.

Please share the crash report with me over email and you ca submit the crash report on Crash reporter dialog with your email id and in description write "monica"

Looking forward to hear more details from you @ monsingh@adobe.com    

Thanks

Monica Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been a fix to this issue? For me, Indesign is crashing whenever I copy and paste, or if I add a text box into a new document. I have latest version of Indesign. Please help. This is awful.

-S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should provide the information that Monica is requesting to gather more information about your situation. Most of us don't have that problem:

Just to start with please confirm you are facing this issue on latest version of InDesign ID 13..

Share with me below asked information for further investigation:

1. URL you are using to copy the content

2. Document on which you are pasting.

Please share the crash report with me over email and you ca submit the crash report on Crash reporter dialog with your email id and in description write "monica"

Looking forward to hear more details from you @ monsingh@adobe.com    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign CC 13.1 — EVERY single time I copy text from another program (PDF, email, Word, ANYTHING other than text within InDesign itself), InDesign crashes immediately upon pasting into a text box within InDesign. No spinning beach ball. Just shuts down and closes. This is untenable and needs to be fixed. I'm loosing time and money. Can anyone please help solve this issue? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines