Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign CC 2018 keeps crashing on Copy and Paste content

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am have a real problem, copy and paste between files is not working and Indesign crashes when I do a paste.

Let me explain:

Did an upgrade of Indesign CC in Wednesday

Worked on a number of file and everything was find.

Did and upgrade of Windows 10 on Thursday and still everything was working well.

Saturday - working on two files that I was working on, on Thursday.  But when I copy the artwork from one file and go and paste it into another file indesign just crashes.

I have, just to let you the reader know, that I have uninstalled and reinstalled Indesign and that has made no difference

I really would appreciate any help and advice with this.

All the very best and thanks for reading.

Kind regards

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

We have provided an update to CC2018 to addressed crashes and bugs.(If the updates are not available select "Check for app updates" option in Creative cloud application.)

Refer Release notes - https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/release-note/indesign-cc-13-0-1.html

If you still face issue, Please restart your machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi peters18024537 ,

I cannot see this with my version of InDesign 13.1.0.76 on OS X 10.11.6.
What is your operating system?

What other apps are open at the same time?

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m on macOS High Sierra 10.13.3

Not other CC apps running… Apple Mail, Acrobat 9 Pro, Chrome

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm…
Chrome could be a candidate. Or one of Chrome's add-ons or extensions…

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happens with Chrome open. Matter where I copy from and can even paste into a new blank InDesign doc. Crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meant with Chrome CLOSED.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I have somehow fixed the problem for me. ID crashed on me everytime I tried to cut and paste a graphic item via strg+x. However it does not happen when I used the "cut" dialogbox via the right-mouseclick menu. But ID crashed as soon as I used strg+x again. Now here comes the trick: Try to place your graphic on your document, copy it (either strg+c or dialog box) and paste it back it. Delete the old one and keep the copy. After that you can cut, copy and past as it supposted to be. I have saved the document after that and the bug was gone. Maybe this poor mans hack helpes somebody until the bug is fixed. I am on windows 10, ID 13.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of yesterday, InDesign (latest version as I'm using Adobe Creative Cloud) crashes when I copy & paste text within the document. In all simplicity I copy , then I paste --> InDesign crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meanwhile, in this particular situation (needing to move a text fragment within the document), I found how to drag text instead of copy+paste: How to drag and drop text in InDesign within same frame ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem.

First I noticed a few weeks ago I could not copy paste text or any content from one InDesign doc to another InDesign doc - which made creating a campaign painful - hampered my productivity, cost me $.

Today I can't even work. I can NOT copy paste WITHIN an doc, instant crash. I dumped my prefs. I renamed my doc. I restarted my mac. Can't paste from one doc to another. Can't copy paste text from one text box to another text box on the same page in the same document.

Here's the kicker - since I'm still running Yosemite also still running InDesign 2017 as it's been moderately stable. I think this is a problem w/ Adobe and our apps "phoning home."

I have a deadline. Really glad I still Quark. Good luck to us all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

changing the clip board pref. did not fix my issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it might be worth, we use CS6 and noted several times a crash when copying text. in our case we traced  the problem to a broken index link in the text selected. Delete that  index entry and it worked.  Sorry if this is off this particular topic thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just updated to 10.15.3. Now everytime I try to cut anything- cmd x, or copy- instant quit with InDesign.
Tried turning off the pdf copy to clipboard- nothing.

Tried reopening holding down shift cmmd opion- nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines