• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC crashes always after quit

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign CC crashes alway after quit. Every time I quit InDesign CC I get the error message that the program crashed. After restarting InDesign CC I have to do all the presettings again. What can I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 103 Replies 103
Contributor ,
Jan 18, 2014 Jan 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I’ve found out (the hard way)…

Getting up in years, Bob, and not so sure I want to go through all the hoopla any more. Easier to bitch, moan & pray for miracles any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m no baby, either, but until I find the time to do a clean install, I’m sticking with 10.8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You always were a tad up on me Bob! Smart man!

Apple’s getting more and more like Microsoft lately; no wonder they didn’t charge for the upgrade; they wanted the world to beta the Mavericks release!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just for giggles, I want to post here that I am using InDesign CC 2020 15.1.1 on macOS Catalina 10.15.6, seven years — yes, 7 years after this post first started, and I'm here posting because InDesign STILL crashes on quit (COQ) every time. This is even after making sure that the entire preferences folder is read/write.

I did find that the clue of changing to one of the preset Workspaces before quitting the app solved this for me, even after making changes to the Keyboard Shortcuts. After that I was able to quit without crashing, and after that I was able to open the app and change to one of my custom Workspaces and quit without crashing, even after making changes to the Keyboard Shortcuts.

We'll see how long it actually goes without crashing. But after a year at this job with crashing every day upon quitting InDesign, I'm not holding my breath.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines