• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign crashing

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, when trying to edit in Story Editor, InDesign crashed. I tried three times with the results being the same. Then I tried to do a find/change and cannot. There is no capability there. No drop down or ability to enter anything. The menu at the top of the screen is dead as well.

It isn't a delay. It is broken. Of course I reported the crashes each time, but now I fear I cannot get any work done.

Anyone else have such severe issues with inDesign?

I am a CC subscriber with updated programs running on a Mac running Monterey.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Try to reset preferences: quit InDesign and relaunch it while holding down the Shift, Ctrl, Alt and Cmd keys until you see a warning message asking for confirmation.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to reset preferences: quit InDesign and relaunch it while holding down the Shift, Ctrl, Alt and Cmd keys until you see a warning message asking for confirmation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked. Thank you. Now I have to redo all those prefs! Ooh la la.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not take a long time to do this. Your workspaces and custom shortcuts remain as they were.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JM

When I hold down those keys and start indesign, it crashes before I can do anything to preferences. Any ideas?

Cathy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you keep these keys down until the message pops up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happened again after a bunch of unrelated disasters with this month's issue. If there was another package I'd consider using it but I started with Pagemaker in 1985 and I just can't dump my habits. It happened a couple of years ago and I finally found this fix but forgot it as soon as it stopped. Why hasn't Adobe fixed the problem? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fixed what problem? You just posted in a discussion that's well over a year old and have provided no information. I am going to lock this discussion to avoid any confusion and suggest you start a new one with full system details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines