• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Document Printing Blank Pages on HP Color LaserJet Pro 4301fdn

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed a new printer an HP Color LaserJet Pro model MFP 4301fdn, and it works well. I have printed Word documents and PDS on it. When I try to print a one-page InDesign document it prints a blank page! I then created a new one in InDesing, a simple text; "TEST PRINTER" and when I printed it the page came out blank! what could be wrong?

<Title renamed by MOD>

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Silly question: are you sure that you don't print the parent page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The document only has one page and it prints perfectly on my old printer, but not the new one, why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if it has only one page, there is always a parent page. But if it prints on another printer, the problem does not come from the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps InDesign needs to know the printer, driver, etc.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the printer model appear in this window when you attempt to print the document?

Capture d’écran 2024-02-07 à 19.15.18.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it does appear in that window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to quit InDesign and to relaunch it? To restart your computer?After this, I am afraid I'll run out of ideas…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2024 Aug 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed an HP 4301 printer and have the exact same problem. Printing directly from InDesign only outputs blank pages. Printing from other applications works correctly. I am troubleshooting and will provied an update if I can get this figured out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @JohnThomas , Can you show a capture of page 1 along with your Layers panel, and the Print dialog’s General and Setup tabs—something like this:

Screen Shot 2.pngScreen Shot 3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2024 Sep 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the help @Robert at ID-Tasker and @rob day 

I read the other discussions regarding best print practices. If the correct method is to always print PDF files I guess I should be changing my work flow. I've never had to do that before but I guess it's not the end of the world. 

Screen shots of one of my documents are attached. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2024 Sep 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it happen with all documents? Will a new document with a simple filled rectangle print?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, any document that comes straight from InDesign will just be a blank page regardless of how simple or complex the design is. I went and got a Canon MF753Cdw as a test and it works with Adobe CC applications without having to create PDF versions. I can't pin point it, but it appears to be a problem with the HP drivers not receiving the data it wants.

I'm reading a lot of discusions around this and I'm starting to believe that it's not really a "problem" and just a different work flow that I need to adjust to. It sounds like printing native formats isn't best practice and that creating a PDF for print is the preferred method. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JohnThomas

As per the link I've provided - different printers behave differently - so INDD -> PDF -> Acrobat -> print is always the best way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you sure you have the latest Driver and Firmware installed? The latest release date is Aug 19, 2024

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/hp-color-laserjet-pro-mfp-4301-4303dw-fdn-fdw-printer-series/38...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the correct method is to always print PDF files...

By @JohnThomas

Well it's not the "correct" method. It's an unfortunate workaround for situations where consistent printing issues occur.

Nothing that requires us to do extra steps compared to workflows that have been successfully in place for decades can be considered "correct".

Ideally, of course, these issues should be fixed by either HP or Adobe or both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines