• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

indesign files missing

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was previously using indesign on Mac and now I shifted to Windows and when I tried opening indesign none of the files were there, recently I lost all my recent works in Windows Indesign when I opened it yesterday ...its empty again but the old previous works are still in the mac indesign.

WHAT TO DO???

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Photoshop and Illustrator have cloud formats—.PSDC or .AIC.

With the current version of InDesign there is no INDDC file format. You can sync files to your cloud account by saving the files to the local Creative Cloud Files folder, which by default is installed in your computer’s user folder. There is no mobile version of InDesign, so syncing either to the CCF folder, or some other file sharing service like Dropbox is currently the only way collaborate remotely. More here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/do-indesign-links-work-with-adobe-cloud-multiple-users/td-p/11521179

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was previously using indesign on Mac and now I shifted to Windows

So, it means that you got a new computer. Right?

but the old previous works are still in the mac indesign. WHAT TO DO???

Copy your InDesign files from your old Mac into a shared folder, as Dropbox, or send them to you using a service like WeTransfer or copy them to your Creative cloud folder. You will be able to retrieve them and to copy them to your new Windows computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But even in this new computer there were several new files and one day it was just gone [ i saved them in cloud]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[ i saved them in cloud]

Hi @Praveena26887162n73c , What version of inDesign are you using? The current and previous versions don‘t let you save in a cloud format, all files have to be saved to a local volume or network.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's the 2024 (19.1) 

oh, so will I not be able to work on a file on another device like the rest of the apps?

for example, I can access Illustrator on any device with the same credentials and I will be able to work on the files but that's not happening in indesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop and Illustrator have cloud formats—.PSDC or .AIC.

With the current version of InDesign there is no INDDC file format. You can sync files to your cloud account by saving the files to the local Creative Cloud Files folder, which by default is installed in your computer’s user folder. There is no mobile version of InDesign, so syncing either to the CCF folder, or some other file sharing service like Dropbox is currently the only way collaborate remotely. More here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/do-indesign-links-work-with-adobe-cloud-multiple...

Your only save option with CC2024 is to a local volume, so your files have to be somewhere on the Mac or a volume that was attached when you saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were other discussions about the InDesign beta which does have a cloud format. The beta has expired and the files therefore are inaccessible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know, that’s why I ask for the version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines