• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Files not supported as Cloud Documents

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to save my InDesign files to the Cloud. Both Illustrator and Photoshop have the option while saving to choose to save to the Cloud or my computer, but InDesign does not. If I try to upload my file from the Creative Cloud folder, it says the file type is not supported. Does InDesign not have this functionality? Why does it not have the "Invite to edit" option as Illustrator and Photoshop?

TOPICS
Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Note: Beta programs are open to the Creative Cloud users. This is not part of the InDesign prerelease program.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @leslief36457558 ,

Thank you for reaching out. As of now, we don't have this feature available in InDesign. However, we have received a similar request on the InDesign UserVoice page. Please vote for these requests to add voice to the feature:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/33862546-pl...

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/30993673-co...

In addition, if you want, you can add the file to CC files storage by following the steps shared here

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This system is absolutely shambolic. Sold as a collaboration tool but it doesn't support its own applications??? What a joke. Is there any agencies or creatives who actually 'collaborate' on a project as described on adobe's advertising campaigns? A client or associate can 'comment on' but not truely 'collaborate'. It's easier to just to use methods already in place, send via email or WeTransfer. Cluncky or at worst, just not working. Am I the only one who really does not 'get' this? you can't upload a folder either or a pdf. Completely useless. How many times have adobe heard this? So so poor. Syncing documents means that you can view a member of your team's work, but you can't 'edit' for real! you can comment on it, that's it, you can download it, but it doesn't sync the download???? Just not intuitive at all or even working! 1 out of 5000 - could do better (Considering the price adobe charge and are making!). Fubar and nonesense!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Syncing documents means that you can view a member of your team's work, but you can't 'edit' for real!

Hi @Nik32681188m9q1 , You’ve misunderstood syncing—if I invite a collaborator to sync to a job folder I can choose whether to allow edits.

If you don’t want to use Adobe’s syncing other file syncing services like Dropbox work the same way—the owner chooses whether to give invited users edit permissions:

Screen Shot 39.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob. Thank you for your reply.

Perhaps I have misunderstood. So you are saying that if I upload an indesign file to my files I can invite a coleegue to make edits on that indesign file? and sync it so that edits are made on the copy in the cloud? From what myself and my collegue can see, edit's cannot be made, just 'Commenting' on it with pins. The Indesign file is not editable online or seem to be 'synced' at all. I have selected the 'can edit' but unfortunatly my collegue cannot 'edit'. It just feels unintuitive as a system and with no real life use. It just doesn't seem to work in any logical or expected way, it feels cluncky. We don't feel like it is something that we can use in our daily workflow. Whatever we are doing wrong it does beg the question... If the user is not 'getting it' then the UI and UX of the system is flawed. Sorry, we are not seeing the need or advantages or uses of this system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You don’t have to upload or download anything.

Just create a job folder in your Creative Cloud Files folder, which by default is created in your computer’s user folder, and the folder and its contents will automatically sync to your cloud account. You can then right click the job folder in the CCF folder, choose View on Website, and from there you can invite other CC users to also sync to the folder—when they accept the invite, the folder and its contents will sync to their Creative Cloud files folder. If either of you edit and save the local copy, the saved copy will sync to both computers.

Screen Shot 1.png

If you don’t want to use Adobe’s file sync’ing system, there are other services like Dropbox that work the same way. With file sync’ing there is no need to package and move jobs between computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign cloud files are in beta testing now. You can join the Creative Cloud beta program, which includes the InDesign beta:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-beta.html

You download beta versions from the Beta section of the Creative Cloud app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note: Beta programs are open to the Creative Cloud users. This is not part of the InDesign prerelease program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this info. I have been working on a pitch proposal with my team but am leaving on PTO and needed to be able to pass this over seamlessly to my designer. I have built this in the Beta program but now that I am leaving, both he and I keep receiving the pop up that our "Beta Build as Expired". I have restarted CC as well as my computer, uninstalled and re-installed and still the same message. The app says it is Up-to-Date. Any ideas for fixes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In another thread yesterday, several of us shared that the InDesign Beta was giving "Beta Build Expired" errors. An Adobe employee said that they would fix this as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that I have built this in the Beta program and the Beta Build no longer exists, it won't give me an option to open in regular InDesign CC. I attempted to download it from the cloud but it gets stuck at about 10%.  This is a huge problem as my deadline approaches. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a huge problem

Is the cloud version your only copy? No backup?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I was building it in InDesign Beta in order to share the document with my designer for when I left on PTO and we could both have cloud access. Was not expecting the program to be removed 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new version of the InDesign Beta is now available in the Creative Cloud app. Download it from the Beta tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

share the document with my designer

You can do that with the current and past versions of InDesign CC—you don’t need the Beta. Follow my instructions above or look at this thread for more details on cloud collaboration:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/do-indesign-links-work-with-adobe-cloud-multiple...

In any case you always want a backup of your work—a single copy in the cloud is no safer than a single local copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I try to upload my file from the Creative Cloud folder, it says the file type is not supported.

Hi @leslief36457558 , InDesign doesn’t have a specific cloud format like Photoshop’s .PSDC format, but any file you save into your User>Creative Cloud Files folder will automatically sync to your cloud account as long as you have file sync’ing turned on and an internet connection—you shouldn’t have to manually upload any files. You can also invite other CC users to  sync to folders within your CCF folder. Here you can see the contents of the folder I’ve named WINTER 2023 copied into my account’s Synced Files directory:

Screen Shot 12.png

Screen Shot 13.png

More on InDesign cloud collaboration here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/do-indesign-links-work-with-adobe-cloud-multiple...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I share my CC /Folder on my drive with other users?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my post above.

Go to https://assets.adobe.com/files, log in, navigate to the folder you want to share, and click the ... more button below the folder:

Screen Shot 8.png

Choose Share>Invite. Enter the CC user’s email and give them read or write permissions. When the accept the invite the folder will sync to their local CCF folder:

Screen Shot 7.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines