Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Newsletter - January 2022

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ID Newsletter Banner.png

The season of love, chocolates, roses, gifts, good feelings, romantic music, exchange of hearts is here! The Adobe Community Team wishes you and your loved ones a Happy Valentines Day. 
To mark the occasion, our ACP, Andrea shares with us a quick way to create a Valentine theme using popular InDesign tools such as Gradient Feather, Resize, Frames, Rounded Corners, Text Frames, and Custom bullets. Please follow our Adobe InDesign Newsletter Home page to stay tuned and receive notifications for our newsletter on monthly basis.

ACP Highlight

I'm honored to feature Barb Binder 
as our community superstar for this month. Barb has been a part of our community for more than 12 years now. Barb is an expert in multiple Adobe products like AI, Photoshop, Acrobat, Adobe FrameMaker, and of course Adobe InDesign. Barb has contributed to over 12.6K posts and she has received more than 6.2k  likes 👍🏻.  We are thankful for her contribution to our community. Apart from being a Design expert, she is also an adventurer. Keep rocking Barb!

In her own words:

Barb.PNG

"First job: teaching my friends how to roller skate and perform basic tricks. At age eight, I charged them for the lessons, and I charged their parents to attend the recitals to show off what they learned. In my teens and college years, I taught swim lessons. I have a degree in French and Business from Skidmore College.

First professional job: Four years of desktop computer sales, starting in 1984, mostly in New York City. I was sent to PageMaker training in 1987 as part of our sales training and began selling Windows-Runtime/PageMaker 2.0 desktop publishing solutions. I have clear recollection of using a mouse for the first time in that class. I moved on to selling Ventura-based desktop publishing systems.

At the same time, I took on layout jobs for those who couldn’t afford to buy a system for themselves. I couldn’t afford one either so I would go to the office at 2 am and work until just before it was time for my co-workers to arrive (What  dedication👏.) Then I would leave, grab breakfast and come back to start my normal day. I found a job listing in Washington, DC for a desktop publishing instructor who could teach both PageMaker and Ventura. In 1988, I was uniquely qualified for the role, so left New York, moved home to Northern Virginia and began my career as a publishing-focused trainer.  For the next 18 years, I divided my time between working as a contract trainer for local training companies and working on layout jobs. I had the pleasure of teaching alongside other ACPs for many of those years, including Jane Edwards, Mike Witherell and David Mankin. I also worked as a PSIA-certified ski instructor, teaching in the very icy mountains of Pennsylvania. 

We moved the family to the mountain town of Evergreen, Colorado in 2005 to escape the chaos of Northern Virginia. I opened Rocky Mountain Training in early 2007 as a collaboration with two of my old friends from our contract-training days, and we have been delivering public online training classes since we opened our (virtual) doors. I continued to teach skiing part-time at Winter Park for another ten years but now I just ski for fun. We picked up ski touring as a way to continue to ski while avoiding crowded chair lifts and lift lines during lockdown. 

After so many years of answering student questions and solving student issues in class, volunteering on the community forums is a natural fit for me. At this stage of my life, I love having the opportunity to give back. I find it relaxing to sit and answer questions and ponder creative solutions. But in class, on the slopes or on the forums, nothing makes me happier than someone saying “Thank you, that’s just what I needed!”. That’s the feeling that drove me to start teaching my friends at age eight, and has kept me on this track for the last 50+ years. There’s nothing else like it for me. And in retrospect, I suppose this is to be expected. Out of a family of six, our mother was the only one who chose not to teach. My father, one sister and my brother were all college professors, and my sister Jane-e has worked as a computer trainer—and on the Adobe forums—for as long as I have”.

Follow Barb on Linkedin | Twitter | Behance

To know more about our Adobe Community Professionals, click here.

Trending issues

• Issue:- Page display looks glitchy when scrolling in InDesign.
  • Solution:- Update your macOS to 12.1 version.
  • Alternate workaround:- Under InDesign preferences, change the UI scaling from large to small.

Behance Livestream Update:-

Livestream_ChanaM_12.png

Chana Messer  teaches higher education at USC and Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandisin. She will be streaming from here on Feb 21st @6:00 PM PST. She will be sharing tips to create a beautiful travel Brochure. We hope that you will enjoy her Behance session.

New tutorial for Beginners

Create a Valentine theme with InDesign!

Helpful links

User guide | FAQCommon troubleshooting steps System requirements | Tutorial

To receive notifications for our newsletters for other Apps, please follow these pages:-

Photoshop |  Lightroom | Lightroom Classic | Illustrator | After Effects 

Follow InDesign on 
Instagram | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , How to , Performance , Print , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Vivek12 said:

"I'm honored to feature Barb Binder as our community superstar for this month. Barb has been a part of our community for more than 12 years now."

I enjoyed waking up to this wonderful feature about ACP Barb Binder. She deserves the spotlight! ❤️

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I SO enjoyed this post, with such a lovely focus on @Barb Binder (who got me started as an Adobe Community Professional!)! Then, seeing Chana and Andrea just made my day! 🙂

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic to read about Barb - such a nice read. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barb, you and Jane are still the best! It is always a pleasure learning something from you!

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Mike Witherell ! We've learned a lot from you, too, over the years! 😊 I hope you and your family are well.

Cheers,

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines