Exit

InDesign Newsletter - July 2022

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resume-Community.jpg

Hi Everyone,

A Curriculum Vitae or Resume is something that all of us will create at some point in our career. Be it a freshly minted professional, or a seasoned expert, everyone needs a resume to stand out in the crowd. Our latest tutorial by Andrea in this edition of our newsletter showcases "How to create a resume in InDesign."

If you want to stay tuned to similar updates, please follow our Adobe InDesign Newsletter Home page to receive notifications for our newsletter on monthly basis.

Adobe Community Professional Highlight

I'm honored to feature "Manan Joshias our community superstar for this month.

Manan has been a part of our community for more than 11 years now. Manan is primarily a scripting expert for Creative Cloud applications. Creative Cloud professionals continue to benefit from Manan's expertise in scripting. Other than InDesign, Manan also has expertise with other Creative Cloud products such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom, InCopy etc. Manan has contributed to around 6K posts 👍🏻 in the InDesign community. We are thankful for his contributions.

Let's know more about Manan in his own words:-

Manan Joshi.JPG

"Hello everyone, my name is Manan and I have been a part of Adobe forums since 2011. I did my post graduation in Computer Applications and after that landed up a job in a software services firm. Here I was assigned to develop C++ SDK plugins for InDesign and thus began my tryst with Adobe products in general and InDesign in particular. This was all new to me as prior to this I only had a brief introduction with design softwares when I worked in the corporate communication department of a firm and was tasked to work with an Ad Agency and newspapers that would carry those Ad’s and later while I was working in the R&D department of an automotive giant with folks doing engineering drawing and stuff using softwares like Pro-E and Catia. When I started, little did I know what a beast of a task it would be to develop plugins for InDesign and it took a lot of hard work and even more patience that too when I am not inclined towards arts and designing at all.

My journey on the forums began out of desperation for help. While starting my plugin development, I suddenly found myself as the lone resource with almost negligent guidance around the SDK, and to top that I had to simultaneously understand the SDK from scratch and also work on existing and new projects. Due to very scant help around SDK development, just some pdf’s shipped with the SDK which also have been curtailed in content over the years and no help from Google either, forums were the only little hope that I had. Even on the forums there were just a handful of folks who responded to SDK queries, these state of affairs made me understand the value of sharing and helping and the journey continues with me now making contributions to the community.

Along the way I picked up many things from the projects that I worked on and by reading the posts of the genius level folks who grace this community by their presence. I mainly worked on Ad workflow systems initially and later picked up scripting to create some custom variable data merge projects using IDS. I would rate myself as more of a programmer and hence lack a know how of lots of aspects of the application where the community helps me out. Over the years I migrated to writing scripts and plugins for Illustrator and Photoshop as well and also delved in newer technologies like CEP.

Apart from Adobe stuff. I have also worked in MACOS and mobile development(iOS) briefly. I have also done some projects using node js, the last one was to create a module that creates IDML from an XML input.

I left my regular job in 2016 and since then I have been working as an Independent consultant. During this period I also joined the ACP program and have been able to participate more in the forums and have started contributing to other forums like Illustrator, Photoshop etc. This new journey has been a learning experience so far. After COVID things have been a little tough to maintain my current status as a gainful employment but I am taking this lean patch to learn new stuff. I now aim to learn more of these softwares from the user perspective as well and the community would play a huge role in that endeavor.

I live in the northern part of India very near to the great Himalayas and I just love the mountains. I love trekking and run away to the mountains whenever the schedule permits. Being in the mountains, the struggle to reach the top, the calmness of nature, and the abundant spirituality that adorns this part of the world, gives me immense peace.

Lastly I would like to extend gratitude to some folks on the forum who have been an inspiration. I have learnt a lot from them and still learn from their posts. Thanks, Uwe laubender, Peter Kahrel, Jongware, Dirk Becker, Harbs, Peter Spier, Mark Autret, Eugene Tyson, it’s folks like you who inspire others to come forward and contribute and I try to do what I can in this respect.” 

If you would like to know more & connect with Manan on social media then please use the links mentioned below:-

LinkedIn  | Twitter Github

To know more about our Adobe Community Professionals, click here.

New tutorial:- How to create a resume in InDesign

Behance stream flashback

How to Data Merge FAST with InDesign with Nick Longo & Andrew Hochradel:- 

Adobe  MAX 2022 Registration details:-

The most awaited event of the year "Adobe MAX 2022" is almost here, & the best part is that you can attend the MAX event in-person or virtually.  For more info, and to register for Adobe MAX 2022 click here .

MAX 2023.PNG

New issues

Issue:-  Text is breaking while using Type on a path on a circle when converted to outline in InDesign version 17.3.

Action
:-   Issue is reproducible inhouse. We have logged a bug with our product team for the same & they are working on it to fix it in the future release.

Helpful links

User guide | FAQCommon troubleshooting steps System requirements | Tutorial

To receive notifications for our newsletters for other Apps, please follow these pages:-

Photoshop |  Lightroom | Lightroom Classic | Illustrator | After Effects 

Follow InDesign on 
Instagram | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Scripting , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So great to learn about your background, Manan!

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great story! love to see the creativity !

Chana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fantastic read! You're such a wonderful and kind person every time we cross paths on the forums it's a huge pleasure. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines