• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Newsletter - November 2021

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

xmas ID News-01-01.pngThe most awaited time of the year which brings Snowman, Santa Claus, Gifts, Sweets, Love & Joy is almost here! The Adobe Community Team wishes you a Merry Christmas, Happy New year, and Happy Holidays in advance. To mark the occassion, we have included a tutorial for novice users showing how to create a Christmas Greeting card in 3 minutes using InDesign.

ACP Highlight

I'm honored to feature Peter Spier as our community superstar for this month. Peter has been a part of our community for more than 19 years now. Wow!!! In my conversations with Peter, his humility and expertise blew me away. Peter is a long-time Adobe Community Professional (ACP) and has contributed to over 70K posts 👍🏻.  More strength to you, Peter! We couldn't be gladder working with you and learning from your posts.

In Peter's own words:

PSpier.jpg

"I transitioned careers from Jewelry design and cabinet-making to the printing business in the late 1990s, a few years before InDesign version 1 was released and Quark Xpress was the dominant application in my area. I got the bulk of my training as the prepress and art departments in a small job printer and later in a large-format service bureau. I saw (and had to fix) pretty much every kind of mistake that could be made, and made a few of my own. I took a look at ID version 1 when it came out, but didn't really touch the program until one of our print clients asked me to moonlight and help her with a project in version 1.5. The rest, as they say, is history.

There were no classes in InDesign when I started, but somehow I found my way to the Adobe InDesign forums and I was hooked. I read every post on the Windows side (they were separate in the early days) and tried to figure out the solution to every problem posed, paying close attention to hosts Bob Levine and Dave Saunders who really deserve the credit for my expertise. I began answering posts, eventually becoming for a time the number one responder and taking over much of the InDesign Forum hosting duties for about a decade. I switched over to ID for all of my production work at version 2, as I recall, and taught a few classes at Cape Cod Community College. I've retired to the mountains in Western North Carolina and am no longer as active in graphics, but I still do the occasional freelance job and answer posts on the forum".

Adobe InDesign update (17.0.1)

The Adobe InDesign version 17.0.1 brings to you stability and performance related fixes. Please click here for more information.

Trending issues

• Issue:- Page display looks glitchy when scrolling in InDesign.
  • Action:- Bug has been logged with our engineering team.
  • Workaround Solution:- Under InDesign preferences, change the UI scaling from large to small.

Behance Livestream Update:-

Livestream_ChanaM_12.png

Chana Messer  teaches higher education at USC and Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandisin. She will be streaming from here with new episodes starting in January 2022. She is an expert in InDesign, Illustrator, Fresco and some other Adobe apps. We hope that you will enjoy her Behance sessions.

New tutorial for Beginners

How to create a Greeting Card in InDesign:-

Download link

Helpful links

User guide | FAQCommon troubleshooting steps System requirements | Tutorial

Please follow our Adobe InDesign Newsletter Home page to stay tuned and receive notifications for our newsletter on monthly basis.

TOPICS
How to , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>Peter ... and has contributed to over 70K posts

70K--wow! 👍

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, I've been cutting back a bit and getting some exercise instead. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines