• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign on Sonoma

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone tried Indesign on MacOS Sonoma?

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Hi @100pk,

Thank you for reaching out. We're currently in the process of testing and optimizing our latest apps to run on macOS 14 Sonoma. We recommend that you check the system requirements of InDesign for the latest information on compatibility with operating systems and hardware. For more details, please check this page

Thanks
Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 223 Replies 223
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off the rulers and report it to Apple. It's their bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also experiencing this suddenly today after everything working just fine previously. My co-worker, who has the same system, has no trouble at all. We're both on MAC Studios M1, Sonoma 14.2.1 running InDesign CC 19.1 and have been for the last week or so. My GPU Performance in InDesign Preferences is off, but her's in on. Spent an hour with Adobe Tech support only for them to finally tell me that InDesign isn't supported by Sonoma yet, even though my co-worker's version runs fine.  😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strangely, some people (like me) have no problem at all, and others (like you) experience the problem.

As I just posted this morning, by next week when Sonoma 14.3 is installed, it looks like the issue should be fixed for everyone, according to reports from those who are beta testers of the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did any of the reports include the slow downs on saving or closing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not seen any reports where it's verified that Sonoma causes a slow down.

Individual users sometimes complain about "newer versions of InDesign" being slower that "in the good old days" but it's highly unlikely that operating system choices would cause that problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, thanks. There was some discussion earlier in this thread that people, including me, were having an issue with InDesign's opening, closing and saving of documents being slow or resulting in the spinning beachball. I guess i'll give it a shot and see if it changes. If not, it may be more of an InDesign issue than an OS issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, Monday, January 22  at 10 am Pacific, Apple released the update to macOS Sonoma 14.3.

According to beta testers, this release should solve the display problems in earlier Sonoma versions. The problems did not occur for everyone. I ran Sonoma 14.2 with no problems so I can't verify that this solves the display problems.

If you are running Sonoma, download the update and see whether your problems have been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Users who had tested the Sonoma 14.3 release today confirm that this release solves the bug:

Indesign Flashing Screen When Moving Objects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After waiting this long now I decided yesterday after the release of Sonoma 14.3 to give it a shot.

So far everything works awesome on my M2 MBP 16/1TB. I haven’t noticed any glitch nor slow down on my first tests. Today is going to be my first full day working on the new system and I’ll report later on if I experienced any problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you having any of the issues specifically before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the report, Steve. Good to know Apple has finally fixed this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused: is this about the 'Indesign Flashing Screen' or InDesign working smoothy now onder MacOS Sonoma?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thread began with reports of display issues ("Flashing Screen"). It took the third version of Sonoma before Apple finally fixed the problemn, and it's available by upgrading to macOS Sonoma 14.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before I update to Sonoma 14.3, does this issue affect InDesign 18.5.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know. Read the description of the "Flashing Screen" above and see if that happens to you if you're using Sonoma 14.1 or 14.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay … guess I was a little too enthusiastic yesterday. The color glitch, guess that’s what the ’Flashing Screen’ is, just came back, but I had that already with Ventura occasionally. Pretty random but nothing a quick zoom wouldn’t ’solve’ for the moment. Let’s see what 19.3.1 will do. 

And if even Adobe says that InDesign isn’t compatible yet with Sonoma Adobe is aware that they need to further work on their product. And I find it interesting that Win11 23H2 isn’t mentioned yet in the list of supported systems. Nor is Windows for Arm supported yet. Microsoft really knows how to make their products backwards compatible, like when they for the longest time still had Win95 control panels implemented … lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is it taken that long for InDesign to work perfectly under Sonoma? It is difficult for me to judge wether it is Apple or Adobe to blame but so many months after Sonoma came out one thing is clear that is is NOT solved yet. Regarding Adobe we pay € 60 per months but can't upgrade since InDesign is not working properly under Sonoma.

Please Adobe and Apple fix this issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must say InDesign 19.1.0.43 is working pretty much flawless on my M2 MBP 16/1TB on Sonoma 14.3., with GPU Performance and rulers turned on. Occasionally I have the color glitch, but not more often than this occurred under Ventura. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have GPU Performance on? If so, turn it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WIth InDesign version 19.2 Adobe claim they have finally "Fixed the Screen Redraw issues in CPU and Overprint Preview modes in macOS 14.3." 

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/fixed-issues.html

Hurrah!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the system (InDesign) requirement page is still nothing about MacOS Sonoma though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the system (InDesign) requirement page is still nothing about MacOS Sonoma though!

By @Bertd

It depends what page you're looking at. This info is inconsistent across various listings - Sonoma is listed here, for example:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/macos-sonoma-compatibility-common-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They say they fixed the bug for "MacOS 14.3" (Sonoma).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They say they fixed the bug for "MacOS 14.3" (Sonoma).

By @Håvard Graudo

I think what they wanted to convey is: "Apple fixed the issue in macOS 14.3 and now that we release InDesign 19.2 we'd also like to acknowledge this fact in its release notes."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess it is still rediculous that 6 months after lauching MacOS Sonoma the problems with InDesign still exists. Will it be solved just before the next release of MacOS? 😉 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines