• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator 2021 no longer open my custom workspace automatically

Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator 2021, they no longer automatically open my saved workspace. The programmes open fine, but show no workspace or toolbars etc until I go into workspace settings. This was working fine, and then suddenly stopped in the last 3-4 weeks. I'm not aware of changing any settings. The Adobe software gets updated automatically through Adobe Cloud.

Its rather frustrating having to go back into Workspace settings to show my workspace every time I open InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us more about your system: Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running. Please tell us (exactly) what application versions (for ID, PS, AI) you're using.

I don't know how three different applications would all stop remembering the saved workspace. Each application acts independently of the others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please share the information asked by Steve in earlier response.
Additionally, I'd request you to try resetting the preferences of these apps once and see if that helps with your concern. Please follow the respective help articles shared below:

1. Adobe InDesign

2. Adobe Illustrator

3. Adobe Photoshop

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Steve and Ashutosh.

I tried resetting the preferences and started InDesign and did
Shift+Ctrl+Alt while the program was starting and when it had opened but
nothing happened.

If we just look at InDesign for now, as this is the one that bothers me
the most, I am on 16.4 x64.

My operating system is Windows 10 (though I've just noticed it has not been
updating automatically, and I need to reconnect my Microsoft account) -
could this be the issue?

[image: image.png]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I am having the same issue as well ever since going from 16.0 to 16.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ashutosh_Mishra I am experiencing the same issue with InDesign and have tried all of the options at the link you sent me but nothing has fixed the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dani,

Apologies for the delayed response. Please try using the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to remove the Adobe apps from your computer. Once done, please reinstall them & let us know if it helps.

Thanks!

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, sorry it has been so long since I responded - I haven't needed to use InDesign for the last six months. Anyways, I now have InDesign 2022 (17.2) and the same problem is occurring where my custom workspace won't open when I open InDesign. I removed and then reinstalled the Creative Cloud and the same issue is occurring. Can I please have an Adobe employee set up a time to do some diagnostics on my InDesign? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Dani-L-a,

Contact support for assistance. Adobe will not contact you, so be very alert if someone offers help and asks for access to your computer. See the following for more information about scammers
https://tinyurl.com/y7cfrr7y

To contact support, login to your account and navigate to the URL below. Make sure that the browser has cookies enabled, and all script blockers are disabled.
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Type AGENT to avoid bots and talk to a human.
-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2023 Sep 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THIS WORKED FOR ME!  The menu tabs for Character, Gradient, and Paragraph showed as blank. I reset the preferences (as explained above) and now it seems to be working. Yay!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines