Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Share for Review blank window

New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

the share for review tool used to work but now i only get the spinning circle when clicking update link. No progress at all.... new installation and logout from adobe didn't help.
(it's on a windows system)  

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Hi all,

Sorry about the trouble this issue has caused. We've fixed this in the latest release. Please update InDesign to v16.2.1 to get this fixed. Here's the link with more details:  https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180/suggestions/40698859

In case you are still facing this issue, please try the suggestions shared on this help article.

We hope that this information helps in improving your experience of using this feature but if you need further assistance, please post your query i

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 163 Replies 163
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Share for Review seems to be down. ???

Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 9.38.18 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm. I see that no service is down today:

https://status.adobe.com/all_cloud#

I would test the following:

Quit InDesign.

Log out from your Creative Cloud Desktop App.

Start InDesign and open the document.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe!

I  did that before posting here.  

I even rebooted my machine.

It mattered not.

This morning it mysteriously started working again.

Thanks for trying to help me!
Ylice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Laubender.

I just checked on a file I have in Review and no problems.

Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 6.02.46 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - we are aware of a sign-in issue that can cause this to occur intermittently. The fix is available in InDesign 2021 (16.0), please update to get the fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated my indesign to version 16. I have logged out my account and then logged in again. It worked for 1 hour and after that I had a blank window again and could not update my file to the customer for review.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I was already on the latest version too... they didn't fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Marc F Kubischta :

Yesterday, I could only see the mark-up in the browser window and not in the InDesign Review panel. Comments were visible in both. I could use the eyeball in the browser window to show/hide the markup. In InDesign, the button was a continuous spinning circle. 

Today, I can't see the mark-up in either place. The eyeball in the browser is not doing anything, and in InDesign, it is again a continuous spinning circle. (Honestly, I am just assuming that is the show/hide markup button in InDesign. It hasn't stopped spinning so it's just a guess.)

review.gif

~Barb 

EDIT: I was using Chrome on Catalina. I just tried Safari and the button is working in the browser window, so now I can finish the job. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Barb Binder 

Two problems you are reporting here. 

1. Spinning icon in InDesign. This is a known issue. The "show annotation" icon will keep spinning in certain condition. This will be resolved with the next InDesign update. 
  2. Annotation not showing up in Chrome. Looks like a rendering issue. Can you try quit chrome and launch again? Also try zoom in/out in the artboard? If still not resolved,  is it possible to share a screenshot of the browser window?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try the following:

1. Close InDesign.
2. Bring up Creative Cloud Desktop (CCD) and Sign out.
3. Launch InDesign and Sign in here (not from the CCD).
4. Create new document.
5. Open Share for Review panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the workaround, but honestly, this happens over and over throughout the day.  It isn't a solution to what is arguably a bug. Nobody should have to log in and out of Creative Cloud constantly to get this function o operate properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any update on the status of this issue? I have been having issues with the "Share for Review" feature for months and each time a new update is released I am always so hopeful that it gets addressed. Sometimes the provided workarounds will get it to work momentarly but I am currently stuck with a spinning circle while trying to update an important review link. Yes, I can just send a proof in a different way but honestly I feel burned each time I pay my subscription fees and this isn't fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still waiting on this to be addressed. I am having the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using macOS X Big Sur 11.2 and the latest InDesign 2021 16.1 version. 

Share for Review has been working for me whenever I test it. I just tested it again yesterday when someone questioned whether it was working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look, if you count having to log in and out a half dozen to a dozen times a day working ... then sure!  It's not a matter of a quick log-in,  seeing that it is working and then calling it good!  It is a matter of working on multiple page flles for more than 2 minutes.  Sorry, but bottom line is that makes folks log out and back in again constantly in order to use this function. We are getting all day long...  It's annoying and a time eater!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey - that is painful - and I'm sorry this is happening for you!

Just to say - it's not normal - many people use it with no issue at all. 

It must be something with your specific settings - other users might have similar issue, but that could be unrelated to what is happening to you.

Common Fixes for many InDesign issues:

Delete InDesign preferences with shortcuts

You can delete the replaceable InDesign SaveData and InDesign Defaults files by holding down the following keys while InDesign is launching:

• Windows: Shift+Ctrl+Alt
  • Mac OS: Shift+Control+Option+Command

More about replacing/deleting preferences

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html#DeleteInDesi...

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool for a fresh install
https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been sharing indd documents via Share to Review to client for review purposes, today it turned blank and will not activate, I have restarted computers mutiple times and tried various different files. The Review feature is blank too.

The InDesign version is 15.1.2 and I am on the Mac 10.15.6 (19G2021). 

I used my account on a different mac and it is working fine.

Screenshot 2020-09-18 at 20.22.10.png

Screenshot 2020-09-18 at 20.32.28.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same thing here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I'd request resetting preferences of the InDesign once and let us know if it helps. You may follow the instructions below to do that:

For Windows 

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to Locations : 
  • C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe  
  • C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Adobe. 
  •  Rename InDesign folders to InDesign.old 
  • Launch InDesign from CC. 

For MAC  

• Close all adobe applications 
  • Go to Locations:  
  • ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Preferences 
  • Rename Adobe InDesign and com.adobe.indesign to Adobe InDesign.old and com.adobe.indesign.old 
  • Launch InDesign from the CC 

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and InDesign will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and InDesign will recreate new folders with default settings.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get nothing but a black screen when I go to share for review. I have tried to force quit and open back up and I am not able to see anything when trying to share documents for review. InDesign is up to date on my computer. Is there something else I can do to possibly get it to work for me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would start by looking at this extensive FAQ section about Share for Review:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/indesign-share-for-review-faq/td-p/11210839?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rachel, I just had this error. The solution for this is quit InDesign and logout of the Adobe CC app. Log back in and wait for it to sync. Open InDesign and it should start working as usual. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a user in my office that is trying to open the new Share for Review feature and is getting only a white box to open. Any ideas on how to get it to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is "getting a white box? they click the link and the web page is blank?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to use Share for Review in InDesign 15.1.1. It has worked previously, but today I get a blacked out drop down menu (see attachment). Restarted InD several times — no change. I've had error messages before and restarting InD fixed it. Most times it works beautifully. I think it's time for an update, Adobe.

iMac (late 2013)

OS X Catalina 10.15.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines