• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

inDesign unresponsive to cursor/mouse commands

Advisor ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I brought my laptop to work to work in InDesign but I can't connect to the internet (just with my work computer, which does not have InDesign loaded).  InDesign is unresposnive to any cursor/mouse commands once I open it.  I know it's not a mouse/cursor/laptop issue because I can open Photoshop and open files and work on them.  Can you not work in InDesign unless you're connected to the internet?  Is it maybe because I have not opened InDesign in about 3-4 weeks and once I do, I'll be able to work in it (without an internet connection)?  Thanks.  

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Can you not work in InDesign unless you're connected to the internet? 

No, you don't need to be connected to internet to use InDesign

Is it maybe because I have not opened InDesign in about 3-4 weeks and once I do, I'll be able to work in it (without an internet connection)?  Thanks.

No, even if you didn't open InDesign since monthes, it should work without any trouble.

Do you get any error messages when you open InDesign? Does it happen with all files, or just one?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you not work in InDesign unless you're connected to the internet? 

No, you don't need to be connected to internet to use InDesign

Is it maybe because I have not opened InDesign in about 3-4 weeks and once I do, I'll be able to work in it (without an internet connection)?  Thanks.

No, even if you didn't open InDesign since monthes, it should work without any trouble.

Do you get any error messages when you open InDesign? Does it happen with all files, or just one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I shut down, went to lunch, and when I came back and opened InDesign, I was able to create a document and all commands seem to be working.  Not sure what happened - guess just a tempermental hardware or software issue.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@bartonlew why did you suspect that the issue is related to not being connected to the internet? For your reference you need to occassionally connect to the internet to keep using the app. See the following article for more details

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/internet-connection-creative-cloud-apps.html

Also, may I know the InDesign verison and your OS?

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2023 Aug 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wondered if internet connectivity was the issue for no other reason than I could not think of what else it might be.  All is working well now.  Thanks for the link.  My version is 18.5 x64.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines