Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive buttons not working on mobile pdf readers

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue with interactive buttons in Adobe InDesign. When I create them and export my file as a PDF, they work perfectly on my laptop using Adobe Reader. However, when I try to open the same PDF on my Android phone, the interactive buttons don't work.

I would really appreciate any insights or solutions to this issue. Thank you in advance for your help!

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

This is NOT an InDesign issue. If you take a look at other discussions on this forum you'll find that this is pretty much the way it is. Interactive PDF beyond Acrobat and Reader on a desktop is nothing short of a crapshoot and the worst possible experience is on mobile devices.

My standard advice, forget it. Unless you can control the reader app and platform, find another way.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

I agree with Bob:

Aside for using PDF interactive buttons on desktop/laptop computers, when using Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat, they are pretty worthless.

They are used in standardized use in PDF in mobile devices. Most PDF readers average users make use of (browsers, apps like Apple Preview, etc.) do not support them at all.

It's just not worth trying unless you have a very narrow user group who all use Reader or Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is NOT an InDesign issue. If you take a look at other discussions on this forum you'll find that this is pretty much the way it is. Interactive PDF beyond Acrobat and Reader on a desktop is nothing short of a crapshoot and the worst possible experience is on mobile devices.

My standard advice, forget it. Unless you can control the reader app and platform, find another way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with Bob:

Aside for using PDF interactive buttons on desktop/laptop computers, when using Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat, they are pretty worthless.

They are used in standardized use in PDF in mobile devices. Most PDF readers average users make use of (browsers, apps like Apple Preview, etc.) do not support them at all.

It's just not worth trying unless you have a very narrow user group who all use Reader or Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines