• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Letter spacing on right-justified Hebrew paragraph

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm aligning Hebrew text justified with the last line right-aligned. It is messing up the spacing (kerning/tracking) between the letters. Every time I make any change to the paragraph (doesn't matter what), it fixes the spacing automatically (i've attached good and bad versions for comparison). But then when I save the file, close and open, the problem is back. Worse yet, exporting to PDF always exports with the issues. I've made many files like this and I've never had this issue…

Please help.

bad.png

good.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

The Adobe World-Ready paragraph composer is pretty buggy. But obviously in your case you can't help but use it.

The funny spacing usually happens because there are some weird characters somewhere on the page (even in a footnote). For instance, a discretionary line break can do it. Or maybe those 2 funny spaces you've got after the numbers at the beginning of paragraphs. What are they? Just to check, try removing those two weird spaces and replacing with a single normal space. Do the spacing issue

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zalman Friedman,

This seems to be issue with the particular file, would you mind sharing your file?

Also, share a video with the work flow you are following?

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti,

Thank you for your response. I don't think I'm allowed to share the file publicly, as the content is not mine, but I don't know much about this… I am in touch with Adobe support for this though. Hopefully it will get resolved that way.

Thanks!

Z

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe World-Ready paragraph composer is pretty buggy. But obviously in your case you can't help but use it.

The funny spacing usually happens because there are some weird characters somewhere on the page (even in a footnote). For instance, a discretionary line break can do it. Or maybe those 2 funny spaces you've got after the numbers at the beginning of paragraphs. What are they? Just to check, try removing those two weird spaces and replacing with a single normal space. Do the spacing issues then disappear?

You should file a bug report. The more they hear about it, the more they might be compelled to fix it.

Ariel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ariel and thank you for responding!

The specific character you mentioned does not seem to be the problem, however, I did manage to figure out that the offending character is in the footnote story (as you suggested). My troubleshooting efforts stopped there though, because removing either half of the footnotes still presented the issue. For now I’ve just converted all footnotes into outlines which definitely resolved for print purposes. Not a great solution but I can live with it.

Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines