• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking tables

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have three separate tables that I need to link/flow one after another so when the first table fills the second table will start right after the first, no matter how many records are in the first table.

There are two special things with each table.
On the left of the table is a header for that table and then the table actually fills in as two columns.

I have attached a screen shot that shows the tables filled with data but when I try and anchor/link/flow them, the tables overlap each other.
When I anchor the tables into the same text box the text box flows to the same size as the left header text box and if the table has a lot of entries the table grows down outside of the text box which then overlaps the table below.
as seen in the second screen shot.
Any help would be apreciated.
Thanks
SampleScreenShot2.PNG
SampleScreenShot3.PNG
TOPICS
How to , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

No need for anchoring; you can create all of your tables in the same text frame. If you need them to connect, you can remove space before and after. 

Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 10.29.22 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-08-18 at 10.27.47 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try setting the leading in the containing text frame to auto. If that doesn't work, can you upload your sample file?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need for anchoring; you can create all of your tables in the same text frame. If you need them to connect, you can remove space before and after. 

Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 10.29.22 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-08-18 at 10.27.47 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh. I thought the OP was just using that term for placing the tables in the same frame--not literally anchoring them. Good catch!

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem of the tables overlapping each other is what pointed me to anchored objects; tables in the same frame would not do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This might work for normal/static tables I needed it to work with variable input and also the non-table left side header.
What I ended up doing was using a line feed after each table instead of a carriage return.

For whatever reason this worked.

Thank you all for your time in helping me figure this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines