• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking video url - not valid

Contributor ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im attempting to link an mp4 video from an fpt site into indesign. I click the link and ad the path, a minute gose by and I hget an error message of an invalid url. I can paste the link anywhere else and be able to view the video, so the link is correct/active/works. why would it not work in indesign.

I paste this into the url field

http://ads.eagletribune.com/dynamic_media/video/2021-15SecondLibrary-4_1.mp4

are underscores a problem for indesign

TOPICS
Import and export , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you trying to accomplish? What is the output goal? How are you testing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to use an mp4 video and place it/link it (via) an ftp into a document in indesign. Id like to be able to export it as an htlm file. (I can do it with the file embeded, but i cant get the link to work).

The links I can click on from a document, and they will find and launch it into a browser, but when I place the same link into the url window for indesign, it comes up invalid. Hopefully that clarifies things

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This workflow makes no sense to me. Why not just create a web page using the proper tools?

That out of the way, I have no issue here with that link:

2022-04-12_10-58-31.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines