• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loaded fonts not showing up in InDesign 2022 17.2

Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed a new issue withing the past couple of days with fonts and InDesign 2022 17.2 on multiple Macs in my prepress department. We use Suitcase for font management and load fonts on a job-by-job basis. When the fonts are activated in Suitcase, they are available to Illustrator, Photoshop and all Microsoft applications, but not to InDesign. The loaded fonts will not show up in the InDesign font menu and upon document open, they come up as missing.

In an attempt to work around this, I deactivated the fonts in Suitcase so that InDesign would use the Document Fonts. This did not work, so I tried loading them into Font Book and they still are not available.

I thought maybe the recent 17.2 update caused the issue so I rolled back to 17.1 and that didn't help. I've also cleaned out every cache known to man without a successful resolution.

Has anyone had a similar issue recently?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Hi All,

We appreciate your patience. The issue is fixed with the latest InDesign version (17.2.1). Please update InDesign to the latest version and see if that helps.

If you still experience the issue on the 17.2.1 version, then please try resetting the preferences. It will fix the issue.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is rolling out - I do know this. 

I've still got 17.2 too

Can I just check what your system specs are?

And what OS you are running?

Sorry to ask such basic queries but it might help, who knows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AS OF 6/27/2022, we are still waiting for the 17.2.2 update....17.2.1 update doesn't work. Fonts still disappear. Adobe this is a basic function in ANY LAYOUT program! Where is the update so our fonts work???? NO date of release was ever given! And there is no 7.3 version listed on adobe cloud......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on 17.3 and running into this same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please can you ensure you've gone through the troubleshoot guide

https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-font-activation.html#:~:text=5.-,Toggle%20the%20Adobe%....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New version of Indesign has been posted.  I installed and all back to normal.  Thank God!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install Indesign Version 17.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

17.2.1 was said to fix this, but it didn't. I fixed it in that version by quitting InDesign, deleting the following, and then relaunching InDesign:

on Mac:

/Users/[yourname]/Library/Caches/Adobe InDesign

/Users/[yourname]/Library/Preferences/Adobe InDesign

Of course, then I had to reset all my preferences. (Sigh.)

InDesign autoupdated to 17.3 and — voilá! — the problem came back! I had to fix it again by deleting the Preferences and Caches folders.

Now I have to reset all my preferences — AGAIN. (Sigh.)

This sucks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have fonts that are not loading. I cannot seem to find a rhyme or reason. They load in other adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you read through the forum topic? Have you tried solutions already posted on the thread?

We need a lot more info, like your system specs, your operating system, and what version of InDesign, and whatever other information you can give us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the fix for this has become predicatable for me, a lowly user, why haven't the developers at Adobe figured it out and built the fix into their InDesign updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you report the bug?

Report bugs or make a feature request

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to add my report to the 106 previous reports on an indesign.uservoice.com page that provides the fix (and which includes "a warm message from Adobe InDesign Team" and so presumable is an official Adobe site) but the page wouldn't accept my Adobe username and password and so wouldn't post my report. (That was time wasted.) But anyway, with so many others reporting this issue, my taking time to work through the process of reporting the bug isn't going to have any additional impact, and I refuse to be brushed off with a cut-and-paste "did you report the bug?" response. Two Adobe employees have already participated in this conversation, so I'm sure my comment has already been seen by anyone wants to see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you know it won't have an impact?

The way it works is literally the more reports they get the quicker it gets bumped up the to fix list.

And sorry you can't log in - perhaps try again and ensure the correct username and password, there's password resets and things like that available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same. And fonts are still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines