• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Method of downloading Adobe Portfolio upload back into Indesign?

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2024 Aug 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way of pulling the original Indesign file from a Adobe Portfolio upload?

Like a dumbass, I deleted the original Indesign file, so I need to recreate it. Downloading the original Indesign file would be extremely helpful. I still have all the original logos / images, however.

Thanks!

Here's the file, for reference: Kanika Agarwal Portfolio (adobe.com)

TOPICS
Import and export , Publish online , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where was the file originally saved. If it was a Dropbox or OneDrive folder you can easily recover it. Otherwise, download the PDF and use the InDesign beta to open that. You have some clean up to do but at least you won't have to start from scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file is long gone.  The above link is what's left.

I can download the above link to a PDF, but that's the best I can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file is long gone.  The above link is what's left.

I can download the above link to a PDF, but that's the best I can do.

By @eccentricexhibits

Acrobat's text extraction is very good, so if you have all the graphics - you could import this PDF to your document, lock the layer and recreate it from scratch. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, open the PDF in the InDesign beta. That will convert it to an InDesign file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, open the PDF in the InDesign beta. That will convert it to an InDesign file.

By @BobLevine

Isn't that only for PDFs created in the InDesign beta? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2024 Aug 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's for PDFs created in InDesign, but it's not just the beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way of pulling the original Indesign file from a Adobe Portfolio upload?

Like a dumbass, I deleted the original Indesign file, so I need to recreate it. Downloading the original Indesign file would be extremely helpful. I still have all the original logos / images, however.

Thanks!

Here's the file, for reference: Kanika Agarwal Portfolio (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from cc services">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already posted in the InDesign forum. This is duplicate. I'm locking it.

Original: Method of downloading Adobe Portfolio upload back ... - Adobe Community - 14793429

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines