• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Number list for circle glyphs

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I designed a number font in Glyphs and I’d like to use it in Indesign’s number list paragraph style. Although the style works for 1-9, it won’t recognize unicode numbers for 10 and beyond — U277F (10); U24EB (11), etc. What I get is 1 and 0, 1 and 1, 1 and 2, so on. 

I know I can just type them from the Glyphs panel, but for screen reader purposes they need to be in a style generated number list and not a "glyph+tab" format. Any thoughts about this? Thanks!

What I need:

Screen Shot 2023-04-03 at 11.26.57 AM.png

What I get:

Screen Shot 2023-04-03 at 11.18.13 AM.png

TOPICS
How to , Print , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an alternative which is easier. The Adobe Font Kozuka Gothic Pro has circle numbers up to 50.

Just install the font and type. The font comes in 6 weights. Here's a sample:

Screenshot 2023-04-03 at 12.27.40 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note that if you're using a Macintosh, the macOS system automatically installs its own version of the same font (which only goes up to 20).

You can disable the macOS system version by disabling it in Font Book. The you can go to 50 with the Adobe Type version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reading back, I see you want the numbers to be screen readable. But I doubt what you want to create is screen readable.

Not all glyphs can be screen read. I remember a discussion where Bevi Chagnon of PubCom, an accessiblity consultant, mentioned that. You would need to test it before going to all that trouble. Here's the discusson where that came up:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/how-does-a-screen-reader-read-dingbat-glyphs/td-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Look to the bottom where Bevi says: "The usual Symbol, Zapt Dingbats, Wingdings, and Webdings fonts are not Unicode and won't work for accessibility, so check your fonts to choose one that is OpenType/Unicode."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines