• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

page naming (for later exporting individual pdfs)

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers,

I have designed a template in InDesign and multiplied that page by populating information coming from mailmerge. So, I have hundreds of pages. Later, I will migrate to Acrobat to export each page individuall.

I was searching if there is a (automatic) solution to name those pages with specified name rather than page 1, 2, 3, etc.

I would be happy to hear any suggestions. I have the full Adobe Suite (professional).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Maybe this might help you. I've taken it from InDesignsecrets which is a mine of helpful information.

http://indesignsecrets.com/data-merging-individual-records-separate-pdfs.php

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is the option to add a section prefix to the page. In the Page panel choose the flyout manu and select Numbering and Section options.

Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 10.48.54.png

This will allow you to change the name of the page and if it's a section it will rename all pages in the section the same prefix with a number after it.

Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 10.46.15.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your detailed and informative answer.

Neverthless, I would like to assign some specific id to that pages instead of consecutive numbering in Sections.

I have a list for that ids from page 1 to page last.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this might help you. I've taken it from InDesignsecrets which is a mine of helpful information.

http://indesignsecrets.com/data-merging-individual-records-separate-pdfs.php

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it seems that it will match my needs.

I will try and write feedback.

Thank you! Alma Strutt​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there.

I'm the author of the InDesignSecrets article about data merging individual records to separate PDFs. However, since I wrote that article, I also wrote a script that will data merge resulting files to uniquely-named PDFs or InDesign files. You can read more about that script here (https://colecandoo.com/2015/09/04/data-merge-from-indesign-to-unique-filenames-now-a-reality/ ), as I'm sure it will save you a step in your workflow.

If the answer wasn't in my post, perhaps it might be on my blog at colecandoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great Colin. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2022 Sep 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an amazing script made by Mars Premedia that does what I think you are asking for. It can be used for PDFs, JPGs & PNGs. If you use the script often, it's incredibly affordable and will pay for itself in no time! A "single-user perpetual license" can be purchased here:

Export Named Pages Script 

There are also 2 YouTube video tutorials created by the maker of this product. It's fantastic! The first is the original & the second video contains updated material from one of the most recent updates:

Mars Premedia Exported Named Pages.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried out the trial for this and it is amazing. I could have saved hours on projects with this. I hate renaming scores of files so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing this!

All these years later, and I just found this thread. I've been exporting images from my pages and had to build a multi-step naming process with A Better Finder Rename. But now I can do this much more simply!

Easy $29!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem. It really does help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines