• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pages panel doesn't scroll all the way down

Participant ,
Jun 23, 2024 Jun 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the Pages panel is set to "View Pages" > "Horizontally," if there are enough pages in the document, the bottom page numbers are cut off when you scoll all the way down. I can reproduce this in InDesign even with preferences reset.

InDesign 19.4

macOS 14.5

Screenshot 2024-04-13 at 9.01.55 AM.jpg

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 30, 2024 Sep 30, 2024

Hello @Jack Brannen

Thank you for the quick update and for trying the troubleshooting steps. I’m sorry to hear the issue persists despite updating to 19.5. Yes, if you could share a screen recording, it would be really helpful for our investigation.

I also want to let you know that a bug has already been logged for this issue, and the product team is actively investigating. We truly appreciate your patience, and as soon as we have an update, I’ll be sure to share it with you.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2024 Jun 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeh I get the same thing

You should post bugs here
https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs

Not much else to do on this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I can confirm this, too. Also in InDesign 2023. Definitely a bug (even if rather minor). I guess that the situation where this bug manifests itself is rather uncommon (plus the last page numbers are known anyway), so it went under the radar until now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@leo.r Thanks for confirming. This bug bites me again and again when I'm trying export the last pages in a long document. So, not minor for me! 😣

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jack Brannen,

Thank you for reaching out. Would you mind adjusting the pages panel as shown in the video below and let us know if you're able to see the page numbers properly?

Screen Recording 2024-06-24 at 6.48.55 PM.gif

I will check with the product team if this is an expected behavior or actually a bug.

Thanks,

Harshika 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @HARSHIKA_VERMA , thanks for your reply. 

I have tried resizing the pages panel as shown. No change.

If you have more specific instructions for me, or want me to record my screen, I'm happy to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2024 Sep 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2024 Sep 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jackbrannen_pl,

Thank you for following up and for your patience. I understand how this issue can be frustrating.

It looks like you’re already on the latest version of InDesign (19.4) and macOS 14.5, which is great. Since resizing the Pages panel didn’t resolve the issue, Please try the below:

1. In the Pages panel, change the view from "View Pages Horizontally" to "View Pages Vertically" (temporarily) and scroll down. This should allow you to access the bottom pages without them being cut off.
2. Another option is to undock the Pages panel, expanding it slightly to see if that makes the page numbers fully visible.

If this doesn’t help, please feel free to record your screen as you mentioned. It could assist us in finding a solution quicker.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Thanks, 
Abhishek Rao

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 27, 2024 Sep 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Abhishek Rao Here is a reply to your questions:

1. I can confirm that the issue is not present when the Pages panel is set to "View Pages Vertically." But this is not a solution to my problem. Viewing pages vertically is a terrible approach when a document is dozens or hundreds of pages long.

2. This does not fix the problem. See attached screen recording.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jack Brannen

Thank you for your continued patience and for sharing your experience with us. I understand how frustrating it can be to deal with these recurring issues.

I tried reproducing the issue, but it seems that it’s not happening in InDesign 19.5. Could you please try updating to version 19.5 and let us know if the issue persists? If it does, feel free to reach out, and we’ll work together to get it sorted!

In the meantime, we are checking this internally with the product team and will provide update. 

Thanks again for your understanding.

Best,  
Abhishek Rao

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Abhishek Rao Thanks. I am already using 19.5.

I also just tried deleting my preferences file at  ~ > Library > Preferences > Adobe InDesign and I was still able to reproduce the issue immediately. I can take a screen recording of this if you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2024 Sep 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Jack Brannen

Thank you for the quick update and for trying the troubleshooting steps. I’m sorry to hear the issue persists despite updating to 19.5. Yes, if you could share a screen recording, it would be really helpful for our investigation.

I also want to let you know that a bug has already been logged for this issue, and the product team is actively investigating. We truly appreciate your patience, and as soon as we have an update, I’ll be sure to share it with you.

Thanks again for your cooperation, Jack!

Thanks, 
Abhishek Rao

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Abhishek Rao Here you go 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Jack Brannen,

Thank you for sharing the screen recording. I’ll keep this thread updated with any developments regarding the issue.

Thank you for the patience. 

Best,

Abhishek Rao 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2024 Oct 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also  having the exact same issues, and contacted an Adobe but the agent who remoted into my computer wasn't able to resolve the issue. This is very disappointing as it makes workflow very difficult and we are already paying for the product but it doesn't work properly. My initial thought is that is that it must be a resizing graphics error, because when my laptop is connected to a large external monitor I'm able to pop out the pages menu and expand it until its HUGE and shows all the pages but then if drag that same pages menu onto my laptop screen it doesn't fit and goes off screen because the dialog pop out menu is so huge.

Hopefully this can be resolved sooner than later, especially since @Jack Brannen raised concerns about this months ago on June 2024. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug has been around since at least InDesign 16. It also doesn't matter how you have the panel setup to show pages, or how big the panel window is.  https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/43451784-last-row-of-pa...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, @Larry29731486lwom . It's insane that we pay monthly for these apps and still can't get simple bugs fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2024 Oct 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have this issue too – v19.5 – any updates as to a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines